Mojito Mark 3

A show of hands... Who has a Mojito and regularly steps on the BOOST switch?

FYI
Mark 1 has no BOOST switch. A very limited number were built (one AFAIK).
Mark 2 is offered by PedalPCB and a couple of independents. Has a boost switch. The PedalPCB version fits in a 125B. You need ballerina feet to operate it.
Mark 3 breadboard is shown above. I'm fine-tuning the tone stack, and it's damned close to done as we speak.

Last edited:
For me, I usually fiddle with the switches until I get a sound I like and then rarely touch them again. A lot of times I'll just set them up as jumpers on the board so I don't need extra parts or drill holes in the enclosure.

Here's the schematic.
The 1st stage is unchanged from the original version except the BOOST switch is deleted. TIGHT is a low-cut with maximum cut (minimum bass) at full CW. This replaces the BASS control in the original version. Q2 is a unity gain buffer that prevents the TIGHT circuitry from loading Q1. The 2nd stage is unchanged from the previous version. U2 and surrounding parts form two active filters. I first tried a Baxandall tone stack. Because the Mojito is very mid-forward, I found I was only using the top half of rotation on the BASS & TREBLE knobs. So I switched over to the boost-only bass & treble filters shown below. Setting BASS & TREBLE to zero provides a flat freq response from the top of C11 to the output. BASS provides up to 12dB boost at 85Hz. TREBLE provides up to 12dB boost at 5KHz. The BASS & TREBLE filters were inspired by the BOTTOM & TOP filters in the ROG Thunderbird.

Mojito v3.1 sch.png

Last edited:
Here's the schematic.
The 1st stage is unchanged from the original version except the BOOST switch is deleted. TIGHT is a low-cut with maximum cut (minimum bass) at full CW. This replaces the BASS control in the original version. Q2 is a unity gain buffer that prevents the TIGHT circuitry from loading Q1. The 2nd stage is unchanged from the previous version. U2 and surrounding parts form two active filters. I first tried a Baxandall tone stack. Because the Mojito is very mid-forward, I found I was only using the top half of rotation on the BASS & TREBLE knobs. So I switched over to the boost-only bass & treble filters shown below. Setting BASS & TREBLE to zero provides a flat freq response from the top of C11 to the output. BASS provides up to 12dB boost at 85Hz. TREBLE provides up to 12dB boost at 5KHz. The BASS & TREBLE filters were inspired by BOTTOM & TOP filters in the ROG Thunderbird.

View attachment 56465
As Per Schematic:
Mojito III Single Mockup Pedal.jpg

Last edited:
Back