Molten Slag (Aldrin + C-buffer)

So clean! Beautiful. 2 questions, how is that LED lighting up the nuclear sign? It's really well done. Also, where did you source those bc109s? I've never seen that type before.

So clean! Beautiful. 2 questions, how is that LED lighting up the nuclear sign? It's really well done. Also, where did you source those bc109s? I've never seen that type before.
You can get em at Tayda

The tayda ones are BC109B, which are lower gain than the BC109C that the build calls for. Small bear has BC109C.

Of course it’s up to you which sounds best, I put B in Q1 and C in Q2 & Q3 in my vero build after some experimenting.

The mod of real consequence is just bumping up the value of the output cap from 15n to 22n. Gives it just enough more girth.

Hmmmm. You noticed that C12 is 100nF in the Screw Driver and 220nF in the Hybrid Fuzz Driver. Marc Ahlfs talked about using that cap to match the output tone to the pickup type for which he had designed each particular fuzz pedal. The SD was targeted at single-coil Strat pickups and the HFD at Les Paul humbuckers.

Cool. I hadn't read that anywhere before, but it makes sense. I've got a hybrid OD coming Monday. Excitd to hear it.

Cool. I hadn't read that anywhere before, but it makes sense. I've got a hybrid OD coming Monday. Excitd to hear it.

See this thread for the details of the differences between Lunar Module, Screw Driver and Hybrid Fuzz Driver. I have two SDs that I built (one madbean and one pedalpcb) and a real Skreddy HFD. If you could post some detailed pix of the HOD board, that would be much appreciated.

Back