Monarch

I just stumbled on this thread looking for a clone of the EQD Monarch. (Really, I just want to build an Orange amp in a pedal.) What's the likelihood of this turning into a PCB? I have no idea what this "Vero" is. I'll go back to my corner now and suck on my lollipop.

I have breadboarded all variations including my own and it makes a nice overdrive. Curious how that Model T power amp circuit would sound on this; I am not talking about the LM386 version, but the FET model. If only someone had a schematic haha.

I use VeroRoute to lay out my Vero boards. Board is 17 x 17. 14 cuts, 2 links.
1st pic is the assembly diagram. See schematic above for part values. C1 is MLCC. C11, C13, C18 are tantalum. C18 is aluminum. All other caps are film (I used silver-mica for C8, but film is also acceptable). If you plan on running this on 18V, make sure C18 is rated for 25V or higher. All resistors are metal film; I used carbon film for R20 and the LED resistors, but MF is ok too.
I was bored so I made a DIYLC layout.

Boneyard Orange Viceroy.png

Last edited:
Nice! But...
1. Some cuts are not visible.
2. D1 anode lead needs to connect one row lower.
3. + markers on C11, C13 & C18 should be -.

Still checking...

Is there a thread for learning about this Vero board stuff? Can someone point me to it or direct me where would be the best place to start one?

Does the Juice stomp switch literally have only two wires connect to it? Would the bypass switch be wired as a standard breakout board?

The JUICE switch on mine has two pairs of wires. One pair as shown on the schematic and another pair to light up the Juice LED. You can use a standard breakout board on that switch and not use all of the terminals.

The main switch is wired as true bypass, so you can use a standard breakout board if you like.

Back