Moonshot Tremolo

VanWhy

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Holy. Shit. I love this pedal. It might be my new favorite. It is the most fun I had playing a pedal in a while. I'm not a huge tremolo guy as I really don't use it much It recording or gigging but I really enjoy it. And this is my new favorite.

The controls are super interactive. Lots of range on the speed and wave knobs. And the gain knob adds some really cool boost. I'm having a lot of fun getting different choppy or whooshy sounds.

I have not yet built the Trembling Loon so that may be my favorite when it's done. But for now, this one is my GOAT.

My only regret is the decal. I was just anxious to stuff this thing in the box and so I slapped any design on it. It's way too busy. No big deal. Just means I'll have to build another one. Which is what I recommend for you.

Edit: the only mod done was swapping the Speed knob with a C100K. I didn't compare it to the B100K but made the change per other forum member suggestions.

Attachments

• 20240105_233205.jpg
    20240105_233205.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 20240106_094801.jpg
    20240106_094801.jpg
    659.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 20240106_094749.jpg
    20240106_094749.jpg
    754.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 20240106_094658.jpg
    20240106_094658.jpg
    450.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
I don’t think the graphics on this are bad. I like the color scheme and I think with the mix of large and small details from the typical distance you would be from it while it’s on the floor it probably won’t look too busy.

I haven’t build this but did the trembling loon. My favorite way to use it is at the end of my board mostly as a boost/buffer and then add in a bit of depth for color. I’m considering building one without the LED section to use as an always on boost for the front of the board.

I like it! Super tidy inside. I'm not familiar with this circuit design, but I'm guessing one LED is the LFO rate? Love the flush LEDs, though!

Unsolicited general design advice: maybe adjust the contrast slightly lower with the cyans/blues and perhaps some light fiddling with saturation just so the red text doesn't vibrate, but I think you've got a good thing going there.

I like it! Super tidy inside. I'm not familiar with this circuit design, but I'm guessing one LED is the LFO rate? Love the flush LEDs, though!

Unsolicited general design advice: maybe adjust the contrast slightly lower with the cyans/blues and perhaps some light fiddling with saturation just so the red text doesn't vibrate, but I think you've got a good thing going there.
Thanks! Yep, one for LED, one for rate.

Advice on the design always appreciated. That makes a lot sense. Something I'm definitely going to consider next time. Thanks

Would this tremolo be a good candidate for copping the square wave tremolo on Pink Floyd’s “Money”?

Back