MT-2 / Metal Zone clone PCB

People ether love or hate that pedal. It’s like the Honda Civic of distortion pedals everyone has had one, makes fun of it, but you know it’s reliable and it’s gonna get you there🤣
Yeah! I have a friend who wants me to make him a combo pedal that includes one and you would think with its ubiquity someone would sell a PCB, but I can’t find one. Almost tempted to just buy a $40 used one and pull the guts out.

I was going to say: It's the very ubiquity of it that there's not a PCB for it ...

Then Mr PPCB chimes in with (paraphrasing) "it's in the works".

Of course, the TS-808 and derivatives are omnipresent, and there's PCBs for all of them... Yeah, why not the Metalzone?
I can pair it with my HM-2 build.

I haven't used one in nearly 30 years, and I fully expected it to be awful...... but it really isn't bad.
I think it’s partially due to the fact that most people get them really early on in their playing and don’t know how to dial something like that in. I’m sure I would’ve done like 100% full gain, mids totally scooped, on some cheap solid state practice amp. Then I would’ve blamed the pedal.

Back