Multi Rat

Nice clipping array! I'm still working on my breadboard version...I even thought about wiring an opamp selection between LM308 and OP07 (lots of jumpers....it's not pretty)

you'll want series resistance on the ruetz mod or you're going to have a bad time when the pot is 0R

remember that those resistors don't just form a second order filter, they also set gain ... you'll end up with something closer to the forbidden setting on the expandora if you keep it as-is which ... maybe you want but probably not

Last edited:
you'll want series resistance on the ruetz mod or you're going to have a bad time when the pot is 0R

remember that those resistors don't just form a second order filter, they also set gain ... you'll end up with something closer to the forbidden setting on the expandora if you keep it as-is which ... maybe you want but probably not
Thank you sir, you make a good point.

Nice clipping array! I'm still working on my breadboard version...I even thought about wiring an opamp selection between LM308 and OP07 (lots of jumpers....it's not pretty)
I bet not. Rats nest pretty quickly.

• Haha
Reactions: fig
This is awesome. I might give this a go when you get it verified. That hard clipping selection section looks cool to play around with.

Some of the tracks are very close to each other or to the solder pads. Is it auto-routed board?

It looks awesome, but I’d personally do a 1p12t rotary, and add some additional clipping modes, just because excess is fun. Probably some schottky clipping, as well as assymetrical LED clipping, some other weirder option, and also no-clipping.

It looks awesome, but I’d personally do a 1p12t rotary, and add some additional clipping modes, just because excess is fun. Probably some schottky clipping, as well as assymetrical LED clipping, some other weirder option, and also no-clipping.
I had a helluva time coming up with more than just five. Position 8 is no diode. Then either just the feedback loop or nothing but the opamp can be chosen. The roadkill rat has diodes in the feedback loop. I laid out one of those with hard clipping diode options also. It sounds killer IMHO.

I had a helluva time coming up with more than just five. Position 8 is no diode. Then either just the feedback loop or nothing but the opamp can be chosen. The roadkill rat has diodes in the feedback loop. I laid out one of those with hard clipping diode options also. It sounds killer IMHO.
Oh, no doubt about it— 8 is more than enough! I just like overdoing things haha

I’m not typically a rat fan, but I’m very much looking forward to seeing this in action!

There are more than enough slots to mix and match, you don't gotta follow the BOM, it's DIY!

Back