My build of the Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay (PedalPCB Seabed)

Your vinyl comes out well. I always found the weeding process to be a little frustrating. I did a QR code once and have been a little turned off with the process since.

I always found the weeding process to be a little frustrating. I did a QR code once and have been a little turned off with the process since.
Thanks!

I fully understand and agree weeding vinyl on small/complex images can be very frustrating. I use vinyl simply because I have the cutter, and don't have a color laser printer and I only make boxes for myself (and the occasional relative/friend). I would never use vinyl for lettering if I was making & selling lots of boxes. I will say that my weeding became significantly easier when (1) I switched to Make Market band permanent vinyl (which is thinner that many other brands), and (2) I spent some time to fully optimize the cut settings (HUGE benefit).

But complex images like a QR code are still going to involve careful work. The small lettering on the front panel of my Royal Velvet OD took some TLC, too. (see https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/...pedalpcb-british-royalty-od.21182/post-267727). I find weeding small features on white vinyl to be the hardest, because the backing layer is also annoyingly white - making it a challenge to see what's not been weeded vs what has.

Back