Need a Source for Good 2.1mm Plugs

ThePanda

Anyone got a source for good fitting 2.1mm plugs?

I made my own 9V battery adapter for bench testing using some Tayda dc plugs.
Unfortunately, they don't make proper contact with my pedal dc jacks.
Screenshot_20230621_112550_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
I use this one from Tayda. I only have problems if I leave the solder iron on a tab too long. It will melt! 🤣

I had a lot of trouble with this Jack, so I avoid it. I wonder if it is the same one causing your problems.

I use this one from Tayda. I only have problems if I leave the solder iron on a tab too long. It will melt! 🤣

I had a lot of trouble with this Jack, so I avoid it. I wonder if it is the same one causing your problems.

That second jack is a no-no for center negative. Potential to link your barrel to the ground plane.
Good for any center positive wired effects though, as rare as those are.

Thank you I am looking for the other plug side like in the picture.

Is there a reliable US seller to save on shipping?

The last time i ordered these the nut was incredibly loose throughout all of the threading to the point i couldn't use 3 of the 5.

AES was out of stock last time I checked. SmallBear most likely has these.

I've used the latter of BtR's two plugs posted above, and it's great for getting the polarity right for centre-negative ... gotta really reef down on those screws though, depending on what wire you're jamming in them.

Honestly I have had very good luck with these cheapies from Amazon, which seem to be the same as Tayda sells or more or less just the same generic DC plug that a million different Chinese manufacturers sell…

Luomorgo Right Angle 5.5 x 2.1mm/0.22 x 0.08 inch DC Socket Jack Charger Power Plug Solder 20pcs https://a.co/d/50FR3ht

I will say that the little rubber band doesn’t always seem to do a ton to keep the housing closed. I always use a small (4”) cable tie around the housing and snipped tight for additional insurance.

And FWIW (you didn’t ask, but just throwing it out there) I use Mogami W2528 for power cabling. It’s cheap - about 75c per foot - and is zip-cable, so effectively it’s half that price per foot really. Super flexible and easy to work with, much nicer than the typical stiff jacket that comes on most factory DC cables.

Back