SOLVED Need some ears to help me with a client’s concern about some ‘fizzle’

KR Sound

I built a Dane and a circuit that’s basically the Lightspeed side and he’s concerned about this fizzle sound that I can barely hear.

Right at 10 seconds and 28 seconds he says.

He just sent it back to me so I’m going to see if I can reproduce this ‘sound’, but is this a bit much or what? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

good god that's barely noticeable.
i guess maybe if you're blasting at drummer volume it might matter.

is this a bit much or what? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
i reckon it is.

you know those threads where someone buys a gibson and they go over it like fucken sherlock holmes with a magnifying glass and actively look for problems with it, possibly a smudge here, or a tiny little mark there, or a truss rod cover screw head that looks funny or some other trivial matter, and then they go on and proclaim that they've been sold an inferior product and demand retribution.

imo, this guy is doing the same thing with your pedal.

I relistened a couple times and I can't hear anything that sounds off?
If you're missing everything above 8k, aka Marshall ear, you won't hear it.
But it's a fizzy harmonic mostly noticable in the sustain of notes.
I'm fighting gremlins in a recent build and had a similar noise from a solid Al electro smoothing cap. But it was always there and way more prevalent. Just flat out noisy.

Maybe it's the computer speakers. I generally have decent high frequency hearing for my age (I think).
headphones will probably make it more apparent.

Or a first fret that's spaced too far from the nut...

Gibson earned having their customers look for issues.

A few different eras worth of issues.
not doubting the genuine concerns where legitimate issues have been highlighted, I'm talking about the batshit ones.
(definitely not a gibson fanboy. too pov for that club. aria pro ii will do)

Back