neurocyton

alienas

Hey,
i built the Neurocyton, and i don't like the tone. Is it possible to "shunt" the transformer? Removing it would be hard i guess...
Thanks

I imagine you could try a temporary jumper from T1 pin 1 to T1 pin 6 and see. If it still sounds bad to your ear, then try to remove T1 and make the same jumper connections.
Mind you, I've not built a Neurocyton and have no experience with it. Hopefully someone with Neurocyton experience will chime in.

no, it sounds flat, it's biased at half the supply, i tried different j201, even J113, the tone stays flat...

no, it sounds flat, it's biased at half the supply, i tried different j201, even J113, the tone stays flat...
Have you tried biasing by ear? I know it's quite a balancing act with 4 JFETs to bias, but may be easier than removing T1.

your pedal should sound close to the demo. if it does not it warrants troubleshooting to figure out why it doesn't.

it could also be working OK -- similar to the demo -- and still sound flat compared to the way you would like it to sound. If that is the case I doubt if the transformer is limiting the sounds as much as the filter frequencies set through the multiple transistor stages.

Back