New project stuff maybe?

Nathan, really appreciate the pain and effort you put into the DIY side. It's a lot of work for a relatively niche crowd who requires more support than the pedal side of things. Sad to hear about the recent events, but I know the wider community is grateful for the amazing things you have given it.

Thanks!

If you had to choose sides, left and right, which side would be the drive and which would be the clean?
With the tubes it's unfortunately not that straightforward. The clean channel only uses two of the tubes, the two outside tubes, but the drive channel uses all four, since the input stage and FX loop/output section are shared between the two channels.

Nathan, really appreciate the pain and effort you put into the DIY side. It's a lot of work for a relatively niche crowd who requires more support than the pedal side of things. Sad to hear about the recent events, but I know the wider community is grateful for the amazing things you have given it.
Thank you for the kind words, I really appreciate it.

my Supersonic pcb is stuck in customs :'( i can't do nothing, its there since October 15... i'm wishing is going through because if it doesn't, i'll have to buy a Particle Accelerator one.

Where are you located ? For Canada in regular mail, it's not rare to wait up to 3 for it to clear customs and be delivered. And they often stop to track it at that point if it's not express delivery.

Where are you located ? For Canada in regular mail, it's not rare to wait up to 3 for it to clear customs and be delivered. And they often stop to track it at that point if it's not express delivery.
I'm in Chile. Normally any item imported from USA wasn't taking too long. The thing is that national mailing service didn't even generated a tracking number, so technically my package is in nowhere land, until someone finds the envelope and tags it. Usually it doesn't take that long and you can know that it IS in a warehouse or on transit, but now that's not even visible. Local service is being known to "loose" some packages, i'm afraid now was my time with that.

• Sad
Reactions: Nic
well, i'm a happy camper! my supersonic PCB is here, despite not knowing anything about the local shipping (thanks for nothing Correos de Chile). I will implement the corrections on this as per instructed by @vigilante398 and apply a mod for the fx loop (trs style one hole and Y cable, will see) and relay for remote switching of channels. Just wanted to share my joy.
Imagen de WhatsApp 2023-11-06 a las 16.48.29_a4e20021.jpg

Alright, I finally got the v1.1 PCBs verified. All controls are operating the correct direction and as they are expected to. There is no oscillation on either channel even when the gain is fully cranked with no buffer up front. The FX loop is functioning. Everything is operating as expected. I am now considering this resolved.

For those that ordered just the PCB with no enclosure (there were only a couple) I will get your replacement PCB mailed out to you Friday as I have the day off work. Based on tracking, my new order of enclosures should be here either tomorrow or Saturday (ETA says Monday, but it's already in Chicago). I'll get milling as soon as they arrive and get powdercoating done as well. My replacement printhead for the UV printer showed up today so I can get the enclosures printed as well, I'm hoping to be able to get all replacement enclosures finished up this weekend to ship out by Monday.

Thank you all for your patience as I work on rectifying this mistake.

I am going to date myself but I immediately thought of the J.J. Fad song Supersonic when I saw the name, lol.
JJ Fad's "Supersonic" — interesting choice in music.

So what about the wine choice, red or white? Are you going to go for some candlelight or a lava-lamp or...?

Need to get some powdercoating done tomorrow, but milling/drilling is done. PCBs have been set aside for the previous orders that will be getting a replacement (today is a holiday so the post is closed, they'll go out monday), and I will get the rest up on the site for sale shortly. Half these boxes will go out to previous orders for replacement, the others will be available for order. IMG_20231111_233555.jpg

Need to get some powdercoating done tomorrow, but milling/drilling is done. PCBs have been set aside for the previous orders that will be getting a replacement (today is a holiday so the post is closed, they'll go out monday), and I will get the rest up on the site for sale shortly. Half these boxes will go out to previous orders for replacement, the others will be available for order.View attachment 60319
I hope you don't mine, apparently you had to go somewhere so I thought I would have a go!!!
Oh, just check I turned the Oven off!!!

IMG_20231111_233555.jpg

Need to get some powdercoating done tomorrow, but milling/drilling is done. PCBs have been set aside for the previous orders that will be getting a replacement (today is a holiday so the post is closed, they'll go out monday), and I will get the rest up on the site for sale shortly. Half these boxes will go out to previous orders for replacement, the others will be available for order.View attachment 60319
omfg.
it happened.
today is the day!
the vacuum tube gods have blessed us this fine sunday.
Supersonic is back \m/

so pumped for these new projects!
(if you see an order from sth aus, that’s me 😁)

Need to get some powdercoating done tomorrow, but milling/drilling is done. PCBs have been set aside for the previous orders that will be getting a replacement (today is a holiday so the post is closed, they'll go out monday), and I will get the rest up on the site for sale shortly. Half these boxes will go out to previous orders for replacement, the others will be available for order.
What changed for the drilling positions for this set of enclosures compared to v1? Was it just the positions for the power and jacks?

What about a drill template? i was waiting for this, since i think it will be a bit expensive to import an enclosure :/

Back