New project stuff maybe?

This is probably putting the cart before the horse since we don't have a finished build document, but PCBs and enclosures are available now for Supersonic. We only have 3 enclosures on hand, but there are a dozen more arriving in a couple days so we went ahead and just opened it up.

EDIT: Build doc has been uploaded and linked on the product page.

Last edited:
Important announcement:

It's been brought to my attention that there is an error on the Supersonic PCB. I'm not really sure how I missed it as a player, but a builder emailed me about it and I have confirmed it on both of my builds. I had an uncomfortable conversation with Jeff, and the PCB will be unavailable for purchase until I can get it fixed and get new boards in.

If you already purchased a board I will be sending out an email letting you know about it and you will receive a revised PCB free of charge when they arrive.

I apologize for the inconvenience, and I will do what I can to take care of it.

Update: I did a little more digging and it looks like there is an issue with the way the enclosures are drilled as well, and an additional issue with the PCB. I had another even more uncomfortable conversation with Jeff, and long story short he will no longer be involved with Conspiracy to Commit Electronics. I will be handling everything until I can find someone else to do it.

The future of Supersonic is unclear, but the email that will be sent out from C2C will offer either a full refund of the purchase or an offer of a new board set and a new enclosure.

Update: I did a little more digging and it looks like there is an issue with the way the enclosures are drilled as well, and an additional issue with the PCB. I had another even more uncomfortable conversation with Jeff, and long story short he will no longer be involved with Conspiracy to Commit Electronics. I will be handling everything until I can find someone else to do it.

The future of Supersonic is unclear, but the email that will be sent out from C2C will offer either a full refund of the purchase or an offer of a new board set and a new enclosure.
Bummer dude.

I feel your pain and you know we fully support you and appreciate the integrity you have always shown.

It’ll work out.

real sorry to hear to this man.
really do hope it works out. i’m happy to wait however long it takes, it’s an amazing project.
super keen for the nobelium to be available too!

No big rush getting this sorted out. No doubts here that everything will be righted for the board and enclosure I received. And kind words to you and Jeff since I believe you were accelerating getting the orders live to accommodate those of us on the forum. Thanks for that push and the course correction.

Sorry to hear about the mistakes. That's a massive project and I wish you success!
Will C2CE still continue to operate separately from sushibox ?

About those boards, would it be something that a few jumpers and offboard wiring could correct.

And what is wrong about the enclosures, are they completely wrong or again could some imagination be used. I get some would want perfection, but a lot of diyers would be more than happy to help cut the losses ?

Sorry to hear about the mistakes. That's a massive project and I wish you success!
Will C2CE still continue to operate separately from sushibox ?

About those boards, would it be something that a few jumpers and offboard wiring could correct.

And what is wrong about the enclosures, are they completely wrong or again could some imagination be used. I get some would want perfection, but a lot of diyers would be more than happy to help cut the losses ?
C2C is going to continue as a separate website, but I've moved it into my control until I find someone else to handle it. I want to keep C2C and Sushi Box separate mostly for bookkeeping reasons, but having someone else handle the logistics was also a nice prospect.

The problem with the boards is that the bass pot is backwards on the clean channel. It's a linear pot so it doesn't have a different sweep backwards, so it's usable. But it was a mistake that got by me, and particularly embarrassing because the same thing got by me on the Ambassador v1 so I should have checked closer.

The issue with the enclosures is that the FX loop jacks are too close to the tubes, such that plugging into them will touch the top of the tubes. I didn't notice this because I didn't even put in the jacks for the FX loop on my build, which is of course a workaround, but it also should have been caught and needs to be fixed.

I appreciate everyone's patience on this, I acknowledge my shortcomings and will make it right.

I’m really sorry the team behind this had this situation but I’m sure this will bring even better results at the end. Mine is coming for a long trip to South America so I’ve read the bad news when it was coming to me. :(

I think with how much you’ve been pushing the envelope for what’s possible in DIY it’s understandable that some things may turn out less than ideal, especially on the first rev.

I appreciated your email and your dedication to seeing things through - it really speaks to your character.

I at least will have a lab rat to work on while things are sorted 😀

QUESTION @vigilante398, or... anyone:

WHICH IS HOT?
As I see the channel knobs are above and below each other. So who's the sub and who's the top?​

Tube-wise — which side of the Supersonic has the "HOT" channel, the left (bypass-fsw side), or the right (ch-select-fsw side)?

Sushi Box Supersonic Custom Mockup Pedal music6000 FFFX DRILLED.jpeg
Pic borrowed from Music6000

QUESTION @vigilante398, or... anyone:

WHICH IS HOT?
As I see the channel knobs are above and below each other. So who's the sub and who's the top?​

Tube-wise — which side of the Supersonic has the "HOT" channel, the left (bypass-fsw side), or the right (ch-select-fsw side)?

View attachment 59520
Pic borrowed from Music6000
Solid question; the top row is the drive channel, bottom row is clean channel.

Back