New SpinCAD release pending - I ain't too proud to beg.

Digital Larry

Let me know if this is not appropriate somehow.

I've made a few more fixes to SpinCAD Designer and added a new block.

The new "Ratio" block is really handy for things like chorus, flanger, and oil-can delays, to create two control signals over a given range whose product remains constant.

Fixes include:
- Simulation fix for Log and Exp instructions (this is down in code I didn't write originally, so let me know if there are any strange side effects).
- Hall Reverb block was missing a "@isPinConnected" for the 3rd control input. This meant that if nothing was connected there, it would not generate code properly.
- Simulator display redraws after each sweep (more improvements are possible here).
- Added a "Tri Width" control to the Ramp LFO block. Now you don't have to mess with an external multiplier if you wish to have a pot control your triangle LFO width.

But wait, what's the catch? Yes there's a catch. I want to see if I can raise $50 from y'all using the "Sponsor" feature of Github. What do you get if you sponsor me? Besides my appreciation and a feeling of satisfaction for having done the right thing, you get about the same thing that you would without sponsoring me. I'm not at the point of printing T-shirts. But if I can make $50 I'll push out this release and the new Gitbook page for the Ratio block ASAP. Otherwise, who knows, I might let it sit for awhile, or I might, y'know, take a nap, etc. Thanks for your consideration and support.

1711921449476.png

Let me know if this is not appropriate somehow.

I've made a few more fixes to SpinCAD Designer and added a new block.

The new "Ratio" block is really handy for things like chorus, flanger, and oil-can delays, to create two control signals over a given range whose product remains constant.

Fixes include:
- Simulation fix for Log and Exp instructions (this is down in code I didn't write originally, so let me know if there are any strange side effects).
- Hall Reverb block was missing a "@isPinConnected" for the 3rd control input. This meant that if nothing was connected there, it would not generate code properly.
- Simulator display redraws after each sweep (more improvements are possible here).
- Added a "Tri Width" control to the Ramp LFO block. Now you don't have to mess with an external multiplier if you wish to have a pot control your triangle LFO width.

But wait, what's the catch? Yes there's a catch. I want to see if I can raise $50 from y'all using the "Sponsor" feature of Github. What do you get if you sponsor me? Besides my appreciation and a feeling of satisfaction for having done the right thing, you get about the same thing that you would without sponsoring me. I'm not at the point of printing T-shirts. But if I can make $50 I'll push out this release and the new Gitbook page for the Ratio block ASAP. Otherwise, who knows, I might let it sit for awhile, or I might, y'know, take a nap, etc. Thanks for your consideration and support.

View attachment 72005
$50 from each of us or $50 total?

@Giorfida sorry about your troubles there. I'm not too familiar with the Github app. I just used the "Sponsor" button on the webpage in my browser. If you like I can send you an e-mail address for Paypal. I appreciate your determination!

DL

@Giorfida sorry about your troubles there. I'm not too familiar with the Github app. I just used the "Sponsor" button on the webpage in my browser. If you like I can send you an e-mail address for Paypal. I appreciate your determination!

DL
Finally got it. The app didn’t have a sponsor button, the mobile web browser implementation of the sponsor button was dead. Finally tried on my laptop and it worked, so you should see it soon if not already

I did! It works! Thanks a ton!

DL
Just a way to say “thank YOU” for contributing this software that presents the elusive world of μ-proc programming in a format that the everyday hobbyist can enjoy. (Even as someone who went back and got his degree in IT, I appreciate not having it dig back into my c/c++/c#/VB programming mindset to enjoy when I start down the fv1 rabbit hole!)

I appreciate not having it dig back into my c/c++/c#/VB programming mindset to enjoy when I start down the fv1 rabbit hole!)
The irony of SpinCAD's outplaced position in my life is that I wrote it because I disliked writing FV-1 assembler so much. All the experience with those other "grown-up" languages will barely help you at all in the world of FV-1 assembler! The other irony is that as a result of all this time spent with it, I'm actually still pretty good with FV-1 assembler. I even seem to have figured out log and exp once and for all (until I forget). HOWEVER, (and I know I've said this before), the leverage you get in implementation speed with SpinCAD lets you try things you might not have even thought about otherwise.

HOWEVER, (and I know I've said this before), the leverage you get in implementation speed with SpinCAD lets you try things you might not have even thought about otherwise.

This is one of the biggest advantages to me.

Especially for prototyping an idea (or someone just diving into FV-1 development), the struggle of trying to squeeze just a little bit more out of the instruction limit is brutal. It's much easier to swap some blocks or make a tweak here and there, rather than spend all day writing code only to realize it goes over the instruction count or RAM limitations.

Obviously you can do more fine tuning to the final product by digging in to the raw code, but for trying out that crazy new idea you came up with in the shower this morning, there's just no better way.

The Daydream probably wouldn't exist if it weren't for SpinCAD because I didn't think the FV-1 could handle it and wouldn't have attempted it coding "by hand".

Back