No Sound out of Glory Hole build

AaronW

Just finished 2 pedals and both are not producing any sound. Super frustrating to say the least.

I just finished troubleshooting as best I could the Glory Hole, and am at a loss of what is wrong or what to look for. Any suggestions?

It powers up, LED comes on, passes sound when bypassed then when turned on absolutely nothing.

Photos are below. Didn’t find any cold joints, no bridges. Any suggestions?

F2C1DAF2-36C7-42A5-B3A1-63468690BC66.jpeg 8A3A1EB2-C051-4EA3-A28E-95C1F1232239.jpeg
5BFFE7E9-C3E1-4943-BEA3-08705BA7FC96.jpeg

Is your yellow wire coming in contact with the middle lug of your foot switch?

Are you connecting the in from the guitar and the out to the amp? Many times when it’s out of the box they can be put backwards and will allow sound to pass in bypass but not when it is engaged.

Also reflowing might be beneficial.

Is your yellow wire coming in contact with the middle lug of your foot switch?

Are you connecting the in from the guitar and the out to the amp? Many times when it’s out of the box they can be put backwards and will allow sound to pass in bypass but not when it is engaged.

Also reflowing might be beneficial.
No, yellow isn’t touching middle lug.

Was going to reflow just to check again.

Just finished 2 pedals and both are not producing any sound. Super frustrating to say the least.

I just finished troubleshooting as best I could the Glory Hole, and am at a loss of what is wrong or what to look for. Any suggestions?

It powers up, LED comes on, passes sound when bypassed then when turned on absolutely nothing.

Photos are below. Didn’t find any cold joints, no bridges. Any suggestions?

View attachment 20251View attachment 20252
View attachment 20249
Where did you get the 2N5457 from???

He has 0 volts on the 2N5457 Drain, I think he should sort that out first!
I replaced it yesterday and it’s still at 0v.

So I’m going to build an audio probe this afternoon and go through it and see where its.

I’m using new solder on these last two builds, I’m wondering if it has to do with that, and my 20 year old soldering iron is acting up too. I just thought it odd that I’ve built 15 pedals this past year with no issues at all, then these last two that I built at the same time, neither work.

I replaced it yesterday and it’s still at 0v.

So I’m going to build an audio probe this afternoon and go through it and see where its.

I’m using new solder on these last two builds, I’m wondering if it has to do with that, and my 20 year old soldering iron is acting up too. I just thought it odd that I’ve built 15 pedals this past year with no issues at all, then these last two that I built at the same time, neither work.
seems like a bad connection somewhere more than it does a bad part. you can use your meter and compare it to the schematic to see what parts should be connecting to one another and the do more continuity testing for everything that reaches the 2n5457. also make sure that you do not have a short to ground for the drain on the 2n5457. the audio probe will let you see where the sound is stopping on its way through the circuit. you should be able to isolate the issue with those approaches.

What's happening with this?????????
Confirm also that the 22K = Red Red Black Red Brown

Thanks for your help. I’ve been swamped and unable to look at it again, getting ready to visit family tomorrow. Plus I’m waiting for a new iron to arrive. I touched up a couple joints, that on further inspection may have been bad. And after that I’m getting no power to the IC. So I’m putting this on the back burner until I have a good iron again.

My current iron torched the tip near the end of this build. And after putting a new tip in it torched that one in about 10 minutes.

Back