SOLVED Octa Mayer without much Octa

xxvga

ok pedal is built and 'working'...except there's not much of that good octave up stuff. there is a tiny bit and I know that if you pull back the fuzz (drive) and roll off your guitar volume a bit you should get more of the effect.
Problem is when i roll off volume it seems the pedal doesn't get enough signal and drops in and out. kind of like clipping on the low end of the signal. actually this happens to another pedal of mine too.

any ideas? just playing full out guitar volume the pedal sounds great otherwise (again just lacking that octave up)

thanks again everyone. otherwise I got this one 'working' first try :)

i saw there was another post about the octave not working but I think at this point I need to address the losing volume/signal thing when the guitar volume is down a bit. hence a new post.

thanks in advance.
Mike

That one came out nice! Always a good feeling when they fire up on the first try also. I don't know a ton about this pedal. I'm guessing you want it somewhere early in your chain either first or second probably with a distortion or fuzz being the other first or second pedal. Try it on the neck pickup with the tone down some. Otherwise someone who knows more about these will probably chime in.

That one came out nice! Always a good feeling when they fire up on the first try also. I don't know a ton about this pedal. I'm guessing you want it somewhere early in your chain either first or second probably with a distortion or fuzz being the other first or second pedal. Try it on the neck pickup with the tone down some. Otherwise someone who knows more about these will probably chime in.
Yes I actually watched some vids online and they said the same kind of thing. So I’m marking this as solved because it works and it’s great.

So for anyone with the same issue. I’m using a strat. Neck pickup volume and tone rolled of to an 8.

And yes DailyDovetails all the help from the last pedal helped me do this one much cleaner.

Thanks again
Mike

Back