Octaclave Octave PCB - Arriving Soon!

Would this transformer work you think? I used one in the past for a Bobtavia build which called for this specific transformer and have an extra sitting around.

Attachments

• IMG_8209.jpeg
    IMG_8209.jpeg
    502.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8210.jpeg
    IMG_8210.jpeg
    414.1 KB · Views: 12
Does orientation of the transformer matter for the octaclave? I just want confirmation before I install it.

realized i did this wrong on the bit commander too... so fucking pissed. they still sound cool but man i fucked that up. biggest mistake for me so far, especially since it's two pedals. oh well.

spent 30 minutes to to desolder... that ain't happening.

Go rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
ssssssssssssssssssssssssssllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwlllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Use lots of copper desolder-braid (with flux) and a MASSIVE solder-pump and bit by bit with plenty of COOLING time in between heating up a pin/pad so as not to lift a trace... It can be done, if you have more patience than I have.

Go rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
ssssssssssssssssssssssssssllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwlllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Use lots of copper desolder-braid (with flux) and a MASSIVE solder-pump and bit by bit with plenty of COOLING time in between heating up a pin/pad so as not to lift a trace... It can be done, if you have more patience than I have.
took me over an hour on the captain bit, then maybe 20 min on the octaclave. i think i used half a little roll of desoldering braid. that day i learned about the primary side of transformers! both pedals work great so i can't complain!

Back