DEMO Octuplet Octave

This post contains an audio or video demo

DGWVI

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Just getting around to feeling well enough to make demos, so I'll start with my favorite of this most recent batch- the Octuplet Octave up section of the OctaRock/ Octron 3.

I really like this circuit. It's quite a bit cleaner than the classic Green Ringer (one of my all time favorite effects) but I could see using them both. Sadly, I don't currently have an operable Ringer, so can't do a shootout.

I'd kinda liken this circuit to a sorta Tube Screamer type drive with a beautiful octave up. Both toggle settings have their uses, and it responds wonderfully to all pickup positions, though it does still require the neck pickup for the clearest octave up action. The dry blend is a pretty nifty feature, and could actually see myself using it, which is something I usually avoid on drive-type pedals

I would heartily recommend this pedal for fans of analog octave boxes, and those just looking to change the timbre of their guitar

I do have some ideas for mods, but want to wait for the schematic so I'm not relying solely on my tracing of the circuit. Not to say it isn't a wonderful bit of kit as-is

0c37cfc5-8114-4201-bf2a-2b006cceb3cfphoto.jpeg 675d893b-8b43-4a5c-ab5a-a58c83472e29photo.jpeg

Back