Odd ON-OFF-ON Switch Behavior

Big Monk

So I wouldn’t be asking this question if I had not already done a number of checks myself.

In order to put a circuit for sale into a misdrilled but still their wise mint glimmer brown sugar enclosure, I decided to use a misdrilled hole next to the switch to switch the output cap in a Fuzz Face.

10n in the middle or OFF position, with a 100n and 1u in the other positions.

This should be giving me substantial frequency boost in the up or down positions but I’m getting nothing.

Any thoughts? Bad switch maybe?

So I wouldn’t be asking this question if I had not already done a number of checks myself.

In order to put a circuit for sale into a misdrilled but still their wise mint glimmer brown sugar enclosure, I decided to use a misdrilled hole next to the switch to switch the output cap in a Fuzz Face.

10n in the middle or OFF position, with a 100n and 1u in the other positions.

This should be giving me substantial frequency boost in the up or down positions but I’m getting nothing.

Any thoughts? Bad switch maybe?
How high up is the volume? If you have a 500k pot and it’s cranked up you might not hear a lot of cut, with more bass cut the lower the volume is.

I meant if the volume is dimed you’re only cutting below 30hz anyways with 10nf. You could desolder the leads from your switch and use a capacitor tester on the leads to confirm it’s operation as a semi-quick check to confirm. 8C99D98F-6F74-4C3F-94B8-546B3000836C.jpeg EE2E2A92-ABBD-45D4-8411-B1CA47052269.jpeg 6377934A-159B-4ED0-A428-9EB146D5A094.jpeg

So the capacitance and switching all checked out.

I could have swore that switching from 10n to 100n on a MK II project not that long ago had a huge fattening effect but that was a two position switch. Who knows.

This morning I put some resistor values on the breadboard to test the switch with parallel resistances for 3 specific bias points.

With 10k in the middle, I get starved sounds, with 220 ohm up top in parallel with the 10k I get gated sounds and with 13k down low in parallel with 10k, I get normal, i.e. 4.5 vDC.

Reactions: fig
Back