Old Green Spirit Box boards

Onkelmike

I have a few of the older green colored Spirit Box boards. Does anyone recall if there was any misprints or anything on these? I’ve now built 2 and both are not working properly. I’ve gone over them both and can’t find any errors but they both react the same way, no issue with dwell all the way off but as soon as you add any of the reverb signal it’s noise. Any help would be appreciated. Thx

I have a few of the older green colored Spirit Box boards. Does anyone recall if there was any misprints or anything on these? I’ve now built 2 and both are not working properly. I’ve gone over them both and can’t find any errors but they both react the same way, no issue with dwell all the way off but as soon as you add any of the reverb signal it’s noise. Any help would be appreciated. Thx
That should have been Depth all the way off. When I introduce any wet signal I immediately get static and noise. I cannot find a problem. 2 different boards, different bricks, different ICs, but exactly the same results.

Hmmm... I don't recall there being any issues but I could be mistaken because I don't remember the last time they were green.

Do you happen to have one that isn't populated with components yet? If so, can you send me a photo of both sides of the PCB?

Yea I have a few, I’ll shoot you a pic tomorrow. It’s so weird, I’ve built atleast half a dozen of these on the black boards with no issue. It’s driving me crazy.

There's nothing special about the green ones, it just happens from time to time during exceptionally large restocks.

If we do determine the PCB is the issue I'll get you some replacements.

It’s super weird. I typically never have any issues. I build 20-30 pedals a week.
Signal passes as normal with depth turned all the way counter clockwise. But as soon as you give it the slightest turn it’s very loud noise, you can faintly hear reverb under the noise. I guess it could be bad bricks but I’ve never had any bad bricks. I’m stumped.

Hmmm, I don't see any issues there.

I was picturing one of the older revisions with the I/O protrusion at the bottom.

This one was the standard layout for quite some time, I don't believe there were any errors and I don't see any manufacturing defects. :unsure:

Hmmm, I don't see any issues there.

I was picturing one of the older revisions with the I/O protrusion at the bottom.

This one was the standard layout for quite some time, I don't believe there were any errors and I don't see any manufacturing defects. :unsure:
I don’t get it either, I’ve built these before without issue. But both I built yesterday are doing the same exact thing. Signal passes as it should with depth off but as soon as it try’s to add the tiniest bit of reverb, loud horrible noise.
I’ve checked the pots
I’ve replaced all chips
I’ve tested the regulators
I’ve gone over the build with a fine tooth comb.
I’ve rehoused it
No matter what it does the same thing.
I’m at a loss.
I ordered 5 new boards today and will build one as soon as they arrive.

Back