P to P meets SMD

Wish I had the patience to do something like this. Great job!!!
Yeah you definitely need patience it's pretty shoddy compared to elephant pedals the guys a master craftsman at it

I'm sure I've bored everyone with it before but have a look, tremendous, can't link his insta but he's on there as well

I have a Reeves “blackhat sound”. The outside is absolutely amazing but the inside is another level. Just truly stunning. Absolute perfection. You should check him out!

It's brilliant sir!

Can you tell us about your layout process?
First time I've tried it Tim basically copied the layout exactly started by doing the ground bus then adding the level pot so you've got a framework kinda thing and you can use the pot to hold it in your vice

If you try it get a few small croc clips as heatsinks don't know how many times bits dropped off as I added new bits obviously melting previous solder joints

Do what you can offboard so to speak I added longer than necessary wires to the adaptor board and used the clips to hold it and solder it in place

I would suggest drawing your enclosure outline on a piece of paper as a guide for size, having attempted one I think elephant and reeves electro probably do a fair bit whilst it's in the enclosure

Don't waste your money on wire straightener tools etc just use the drill method posted previously

I've got a lot to learn about this method

Thank you sir. This is extremely helpful.
Don't forget I'll be making you one as promised well after Xmas though got a few orders to do

This was just a practice run with the idea of using SMD adaptor boards with this method so the sky's the limit really if you've got the guts go for the SMD IC / tranny PtoP complexity methodology

Its the new Smug Life although I've plainly not achieved Smugdom quite yet

Everyone likes a good smuggle now and again. Just don't become a smuggy-curmudgeon. Those right bastards are crabbit. ;)

Haha is that the Scotsman coming out in ye big man

I knew u had some in u obviously yer good side

Reactions: fig
Back