Parentheses Fuzz

Pretty sure this is doable looking at the build doc if you find the right pads on the foot switches. The schematic shows them as all being separate. The "downside" would be you would lose the input buffer if you used just the rat part, but thats how the rat is normally so i don't think it really needed it. You would wire them as if they were complete separate effects and just using the specific ins and outs, so input jack to the octave foot switch, then that foot switch would daisy chain to the rat footswitch input jack pole, and so on.

This is all assuming the picture of the pcb, the schematic and the build doc all reflect what you have so you should double check all the pins to make sure they go where I think they do.

for the first in the chain, the octave footswitch, i would run try to run from the original circuit in (i assume this pad is the second one from the left under dist) and the out would be the octave pad connected to the middle terminal of the b50k octave pot. (pin 3 octave switch pad?) you would take the LED and ground from the octave footswitch pads, which it looks like is pin 4 for led switch and pin 5 for ground.

second effect (rat) I believe the in would be pin 2 on the octave footswitch and then the out I would guess would be 4th from the left on the dist footswitch pads. If the boost is configured how I think it is where it can be activated independently then you would wire that as normal, but let me know if it isn't like that. so then the out from the rat footswitch would be the same as normal to the pcb.

Last edited:
Back