SOLVED Parentheses mini Germanium diodes question

gian

Hello everyone!

I tried to find the answer to this specific question on the forum, but could not find it.

I have bought a parentheses mini PCB, and I am trying to understand the orientation of the germanium diodes.
Checking continuity on my PCB shows that the two cathodes pads (striped end on the PCB) are connected.

Which one should I follow? I guess I should just follow the symbols on the PCB, but I'm wondering why the schematics of the parentheses mini PCB says otherwise.

I am a bit new to this, I'm probably missing something. The fact that the striped ends of my GE diodes correspond to the anodes is also not helping 😅

Thanks for any answer :)

Last edited:
Here is a picture of my PCB:
I have just noticed that the stripes are reversed compared to those of the reference image in the documentation, so I'm not sure if the stripes of the GE diodes on my PCB indicate the anode or cathode.

Just to clarify: the pedal is working fine, I just want to make sure I get the orientation of these diodes right.

Better if the cathodes are connected. Ge diodes are usually leaky enough for the circuit to work if the GE diodes are installed backwards, but it is not recommended. EQD screwed up when they installed the Ge diodes backwards in some versions of the Life pedal and that error propagated to some of the clone boards.

Back