SOLVED PCB Mania Fuzz Fixer LED

VanWhy

I know I know. I only got this since it was the only DIY board out there. So everything works fine. I had to make a couple tweaks per the effectslayouts blog.

Anyway, the LED is not working at all. When I hook my DMM up to the LED it lights. But when it's connected to the board, nothing. Looking at the schematic, I don't see a current limiting resistor. So I added one and still nothing. I tried going from the CTRL pad on the board from positve LED+CLR and negative to CTRL on the footswitch. Still nothing.

I see D3 on the schematic but I can't tell where it's going. I could use another set of eyes when someone has the time. Attached is the schematic and a shot of one point of the build. This one has a CLR attached but only after I tried it without.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Fuzz Fixer Schem.pdf
    488.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240303_174310.jpg
    20240303_174310.jpg
    526.9 KB · Views: 7
Solution
Why is that 2M?!
Because someone doesn't check the schematic before publishing. Copies the resistors while drawing and does not pay attention to the values.

You already have 1k connected directly to the LED. So you can replace R1 with a jumper and keep 1k as is or remove 1k from the LED an install it instead of 2M. If the LED is too bright with 1k just increase the resistor value.
Why is that 2M?!
Because someone doesn't check the schematic before publishing. Copies the resistors while drawing and does not pay attention to the values.

You already have 1k connected directly to the LED. So you can replace R1 with a jumper and keep 1k as is or remove 1k from the LED an install it instead of 2M. If the LED is too bright with 1k just increase the resistor value.

Solution

Much appreciated. It's almost like they never verified the damn thing before putting it out there. It's my fault. I hear so many bad things about PCBM and yet I still bought something. Thanks again @Robert and @temol you really are the fixit fuzz fixererer.

Back