SOLVED Dragon's Breath dead on arrival

I have 4 dragons breath pcbs for a small batch. I haven't built this one before. Built the first one. Nothing. Passes signal in bypass, LED lights when activated, no sound. Triple checked all the parts were correct values and correctly oriented. Reflowed solder joints. Tried a second 2n2222a. Still nothing. Figured I'd just populate a 2nd pcb and cross my fingers. Nada, zip, same symptoms (except I didn't solder an LED in yet). What am I missing here? 20231002_205347.jpg

I have 4 dragons breath pcbs for a small batch. I haven't built this one before. Built the first one. Nothing. Passes signal in bypass, LED lights when activated, no sound. Triple checked all the parts were correct values and correctly oriented. Reflowed solder joints. Tried a second 2n2222a. Still nothing. Figured I'd just populate a 2nd pcb and cross my fingers. Nada, zip, same symptoms (except I didn't solder an LED in yet). What am I missing here?View attachment 57661
the pedal on the right appears to have the + power wired to the wrong terminal. it should be on the empty one.

the pedal on the right appears to have the + power wired to the wrong terminal. it should be on the empty one.
I'm super annoyed it was that simple and I couldn't figure it out. Thank you! I've been using the 2 terminal lumberg style power jacks mostly. These 3 terminal ones for batteries came with Stomp Box Parts' "essentials kit". I swear I googled the pinout and saw power supply on that pin and battery on the other. Oh well, at least it was a 2 second fix. Now, I can get on with building these. Also, it sounds great! I had a Naga Viper before and sold it in a big gear sell off and wished I hadn't later. Nice to be able to replace it.

Last edited:
I'm super annoyed it was that simple and I couldn't figure it out. Thank you! I've been using the 2 terminal lumberg style power jacks mostly. These 3 terminal ones for batteries came with Stomp Box Parts' "essentials kit". I swear I googled the pinout and saw power supply on that pin and battery on the other. Oh well, at least it was a 2 second fix. Now, I can get on with building these. Also, it sounds great! I had a Naga Viper before and sold it in a big gear sell off and wished I hadn't later. Nice to be able to replace it.
when I solder switched dc jacks like this, I always orient the jack with neg to left when looking straight on at the lugs. Neg to left, pos to top. Works for me. Sharing is caring lol.

It’s a great boost! Glad you got it running.

Back