Pearl Fl-01 Flanger

djmiyta

I recently etched and stuffed the board. I had no TL022 and no TL062. Using my limited knowledge and the power of the internet I saw that lm358 and lm1458 are used in some LFO circuits .

using the circuit below I subbed IC 1 & 2 with the 1458 and IC5 with LM358 and the board did'nt work. My question is ....Are these IC's suitable substitutions in this circuit? Is it possible to use them in this circuit? Because it did'nt work I'm thinking ..No. But if it's yes then I've got more troubleshooting ahead of me . I just don't want to be wasting my time if it'll never work with those IC's . I used the mn3207/mn3102 combo in case that matters. Thanks for taking a minute to read about my problem . I know one of you fine folk has the answer.
Pearl FG01 Flanger.png

Data sheets dude........

TL022 pin 4 is ground, lm358 pin 4 is vcc-

I understand next to nothing but I don't think gnd and vcc- are the same. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Data sheets dude........

TL022 pin 4 is ground, lm358 pin 4 is vcc-

I understand next to nothing but I don't think gnd and vcc- are the same. Correct me if I'm wrong.
For this they're the same. The Vcc- in most pedal circuits is ground.

I don't think those ICs would be the issue.

For this they're the same. The Vcc- in most pedal circuits is ground.

I don't think those ICs would be the issue.
then on to more troubleshooting it is thanks for the reply

And to DeadAirMD
fully aware of data sheets dude don't know how to interpret them well but well enough to know the difference of a negative and a positive but thanks for the reply just the same

edit : Just read MichaelW's build report where he subbed TL072 for TL062 maybe that would/could change things....?

Last edited:
Back