Pedal storage

Just finished this afternoon. Made some shelving out of a bunch of scrap plywood I found on the side of the road for our town's large garbage pickup day. I thought about pulling the trigger on some Ikea stuff, but this was cheaper and more fun, lol. Not really a build report, but I did DIY the crap out of this. Bare wood right now, but once the weather gets warmer I will prime and paint it. Most likely next spring.

Picture's not the greatest, but they ARE all level and even. I think I need to build a few more. This doesn't include what's on my pedalboard at the moment, lol

View attachment 83673
View attachment 83674
I thought you had cats?

I'm actually buying this in a few days. I wanted to build something with doors and LED lights but that will have to wait for another time.

Shoe Rack

81AEdUJtDqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I'm actually buying this in a few days. I wanted to build something with doors and LED lights but that will have to wait for another time.

Shoe Rack

81AEdUJtDqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Im out of floor space, guitars taking yo all the real estate. I like the idea of hanging shelves. I guess I can line all the walls in my apartment. They would really tie everything together.

@DailyDovetails not sure if the wall your guitars are hung on is an exterior wall, but I read recently the temperature change on the outside can potentially cause condensation or other temperature-related problems for guitars hung on exterior walls. Just FYI!
HVAC professional here.

If you've got condensation problems on your guitars hung on an exterior wall, that's a good indication that your problems go well beyond your guitars getting a bit wet.

If that's happening, it likely means that A) your exterior wall lacks insulation and B) your wall likely has a bunch of moisture condensing on the *inside* too.

Microbial growth becomes a concern at that point. Honestly, this is only the sort of thing one would tend to see in more humid climates. Dew point just isn't gonna get high enough in arid climates

Food for thought.

Back