pedalpcb appreciation

mywmyw

this isn't a question, just wanna say i think it's really special that we have this great resource available here: this wonderful forum, the many well thought out and reasonably priced pcbs bugg has on offer, his great customer service (bugg always ships my orders super quick, and once shipped they arrive in just two days every time even though im almost 1k miles away), and despite his disclaimer about not offering support on his products, he does a fair amount of it here and elsewhere. i've been building pedals (i think im up to 18) for a year now thanks almost entirely to this site. the supporting documentation and forums made it a breeze to start. i have made thankfully few errors, and only one dud in the process. anyway, thanks to all of you who contribute to the forum and to bugg for keeping it up! (sorry for the wall of text, my enter key is dead)

this isn't a question, just wanna say i think it's really special that we have this great resource available here: this wonderful forum, the many well thought out and reasonably priced pcbs bugg has on offer, his great customer service (bugg always ships my orders super quick, and once shipped they arrive in just two days every time even though im almost 1k miles away), and despite his disclaimer about not offering support on his products, he does a fair amount of it here and elsewhere. i've been building pedals (i think im up to 18) for a year now thanks almost entirely to this site. the supporting documentation and forums made it a breeze to start. i have made thankfully few errors, and only one dud in the process. anyway, thanks to all of you who contribute to the forum and to bugg for keeping it up! (sorry for the wall of text, my enter key is dead)
Same here...
The customer service, the forum, and the selection of boards are all absolutely perfect!!!!

I don't know where else in the PCB pedal sites you would get the Supply & Customer service given by Robert or Advice here at the Forum.
If it ain't Right, He goes out of his way to make it Right.
We also have a Great wealth of Knowledge in different areas from Members as well.
My advice to New Members would be. Start with a simple circuit & work up to the more complex ones!
There's an old saying '' Start small & work your way up ''.

Cheers music6000

What not to love here?

Quality of products, great community willing to help newbies like me, even for what looks trivial. All that with great respect.

At first I thought I would do 3 or 4 pedals. I'm at 16 and have more on the way. I'm still "building by numbers" and have fun and feel supported. That's quite an achievement from Mr. PedalPCB himself and the whole community!

"Appreciation"? It's not even close to me feelings. :)

Dali

I have to say, there’s a lot to love here.
I like the quality and general aesthetic of the whole PedalPCB operation. The active PedalPCB presence here on the forum is fantastic, as well.
I also love the willingness to make boards of all kinds. I saw a thread a short time ago where someone was asking for a board that they thought wouldn’t be very popular and the reply was something along the lines of,’if even one person wants to try it, I’ll make boards for it.’ And then there’s a thread about doing boards for mic mods and I thought, Surely he’ll draw the line there. But, nope: open to the idea! I really appreciate that attitude and it keeps me excited to see what’ll be available next.
But this little community is maybe what I love most. I feel like I’ve learned so much in a short time from the posts here. And everyone is so civil and encouraging here that sometimes I have to visit a YouTube video comment section afterwards to bring myself back to reality.
Anyway, cheers! It’s a pleasure DIYing with you all! ?

A couple of things have impressed me with this site - one is that it has really taken off quite quickly. A lot of these sorts of forums stagnate and disappear - this one appears very healthy. Also, there is a wonderful level of expertise and friendly help. Chuck in particular is a huge font of knowledge without the patronising attitude I have come across at so many other forums. Have a look at most amp-building forums and you'll find a bunch of over-cynical wankers who can't wait to make fun of the newbie - not here. :)

A couple of things have impressed me with this site - one is that it has really taken off quite quickly. A lot of these sorts of forums stagnate and disappear - this one appears very healthy. Also, there is a wonderful level of expertise and friendly help. Chuck in particular is a huge font of knowledge without the patronising attitude I have come across at so many other forums. Have a look at most amp-building forums and you'll find a bunch of over-cynical wankers who can't wait to make fun of the newbie - not here. :)

I agree, Chuck is a wealth of knowledge. The same with Music6000, and many others, too many to list. I have learned a lot from just reading posts of others that have encountered issues. I feel like I have learned more from this site than others I have visited, and have just gained a better understanding of how circuits work in general. And this gives me the opportunity to switch gears after a long day of bean-counting.

It is nice to be part of such a community!

Back