PedalPCB Crunch Captain for my SCHMORG

dawson

So in all my years of chasing the Drive Dragon, I've always avoided the CRUNCH BOX circuit.
I really don't like the word 'crunch' as a guitar tone word so I never gave it a fair shot. 🤷‍♂️
..My mistake though- some post on the forum lead me to a demo which lead me to build one to test out myself, and heck if I don't really like the darn thing!
It does a very usable little array of distortion tones that picks up where my TOMMY II leaves off gain-wise.

nqDSnJr.jpg

jdQteXz.jpg

Anyhow, it's a super straight-forward build; low parts-count of easy-to-source components and the PCB price is a bargain.
The hardest part was the name. As a fan of most conspiracy theories, I've named my build after the 'SOUL CUBE' that the reptilians built on the hollow space-ship moon... way better name than 'CRUNCH BOX.'

The faceplate can mount into my SCHMORG pedalboard/rack build, or all alone in a 'dummy' 125B:
obbma6V.jpg
ILrLpoj.jpg

More on that here: SCHMORG

Thanks for reading!

HE’S DONE IT AGAIN!!
MOAR SCHMORG!!!!
SCHMORG BORG

THANKS FOR RAISING YOUR VOICES GUYS- I just got done testing it with my band buddies and my ears are still ringing a bit!
💣👂

This is on my list to check out. Fantastic as always

Yeah dude, I'm a believer- it's a really solid distortion.
& thanks!
I was using the Simulcast as a treble boost into the Crunch Captain for moments when I needed single note stuff to poke through a loud mix- I liked that a lot.

Damn, that is slick looking. I love that graphic.

It really is a great overdrive/distortion. Hell of a nice job.

Thanks- I like the graphic too!
A lot of times the simplest designs end up being my favorite.

I see SCHMORG and I upvote!

Thanks man!
This circuit really brings the room together.

So in all my years of chasing the Drive Dragon, I've always avoided the CRUNCH BOX circuit.
I really don't like the word 'crunch' as a guitar tone word so I never gave it a fair shot. 🤷‍♂️
..My mistake though- some post on the forum lead me to a demo which lead me to build one to test out myself, and heck if I don't really like the darn thing!
It does a very usable little array of distortion tones that picks up where my TOMMY II leaves off gain-wise.

nqDSnJr.jpg

jdQteXz.jpg

Anyhow, it's a super straight-forward build; low parts-count of easy-to-source components and the PCB price is a bargain.
The hardest part was the name. As a fan of most conspiracy theories, I've named my build after the 'SOUL CUBE' that the reptilians built on the hollow space-ship moon... way better name than 'CRUNCH BOX.'

The faceplate can mount into my SCHMORG pedalboard/rack build, or all alone in a 'dummy' 125B:
obbma6V.jpg
ILrLpoj.jpg

More on that here: SCHMORG

Thanks for reading!
It's SCHMORG-a-licious... (a lizard man would say that with a pronounced lisp...)

THANKS FOR RAISING YOUR VOICES GUYS- I just got done testing it with my band buddies and my ears are still ringing a bit!
💣👂

Thanks- I like the graphic too!
A lot of times the simplest designs end up being my favorite.
What really works is when you bring all of those harmonious graphics together on the SCHMORG... Epic!

SWEET MOTHER OF SCHMÖRG !

You really don't have any bad graphics, can't really say any of them are even mediocre... All great, but,

within context ie compared to your other Schmorgart, this Soul Box is definitely one of your better graphics (IMO).

Now... about that SUPER SCHMORG, the one that's the size of two PT Pros... Let's see it!

SWEET MOTHER OF SCHMÖRG !

You really don't have any bad graphics, can't really say any of them are even mediocre... All great, but,

within context ie compared to your other Schmorgart, this Soul Box is definitely one of your better graphics (IMO).

Now... about that SUPER SCHMORG, the one that's the size of two PT Pros... Let's see it!

Thanks @Feral Feline!

As much as I love the idea of a bigger SCHMORG.. with switchable expression pedals and inputs for guitar, synth and vocals.. I haven't even played a live set with the current one yet 🤡 my band really needs to start booking dates and release a song or two to make all of this building relevant!

Thanks @Feral Feline!

As much as I love the idea of a bigger SCHMORG.. with switchable expression pedals and inputs for guitar, synth and vocals.. I haven't even played a live set with the current one yet 🤡 my band really needs to start booking dates and release a song or two to make all of this building relevant!

Gold_Hat_portrayed_by_Alfonso_Bedoya.jpg

Band it? Live set? We don' need no steenkin' BAND to make Schmorg buildin' rrrelevante!

Back