Phase II ASD awareness month

Paradox916

So Im cutting this one close, April is Autism awareness month, technically the 2nd was awareness day, but due to some difficulties I didn’t get this done until now. (Sorry no demo for this one ether…I will get back to adding those to build reports.) And as a father of a young child on the spectrum this is cause that is near to my heart, I chose neurons for the artwork as ASD Impacts the nervous system I felt an optical phaser was a good one for this, and a shout out to Spencer @amplifyfun on the UV print. It’s a pretty smooth phaser.
7f9cbdc5-9a63-4313-a1fb-8ae2f2bd7383-jpeg.25766

Attachments

• B21CAB3E-D2BB-4DCC-B73F-882818C826E7.jpeg
    B21CAB3E-D2BB-4DCC-B73F-882818C826E7.jpeg
    423.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 7F9CBDC5-9A63-4313-A1FB-8AE2F2BD7383.jpeg
    7F9CBDC5-9A63-4313-A1FB-8AE2F2BD7383.jpeg
    280.7 KB · Views: 193
I hear you there. My 7yo is high functioning, but throw the anxiety disorder on top and that is definitely an apt description.
Yeah, they all have different challenges, I left my carrier to focus on Her, I had a lot of fun in my younger years so I have no problem going without to make sure she has the best shot at life. Not every day can be a winner for sure… mine has as many strengths as she does handicaps, sometimes a day without a meltdown is a win, and other times they do something freakishly ahead of the curve that blows you away.

I love this. I have a 13 year old son with autism.

Next year if you want to do something like this let me know and the PCBs are on me.

I had a really cool puzzle piece PCB in the works, then I found out the puzzle piece is apparently frowned upon now. :cautious:

I love this. I have a 13 year old son with autism.

Next year if you want to do something like this let me know and the PCBs are on me.

I had a really cool puzzle piece PCB in the works, then I found out the puzzle piece is apparently frowned upon now. :cautious:
I might take you up on that! I was I little surprise by the puzzle piece controversy myself…. I personally don’t have a problem with it…And I’m going to go out on a limb and say it wasn’t someone with autism offended by that

I might take you up on that! I was I little surprise by the puzzle piece controversy myself…. I personally don’t have a problem with it…And I’m going to go out on a limb and say it wasn’t someone with autism offended by that

It was news to me as well. A quick Google made it seem like ASD adults were the ones who didn't like it. For example: https://themighty.com/2021/03/autism-puzzle-piece-problem/

On a separate note, if there is an ASD build thing for next year, I am in. I was just thinking I should figure out what kind of effect my kid likes best, so I can make one for him help with the art. He seems to be showing some interest in playing guitar.

I used to work as a skills trainer both in schools and the community, also residential treatment for a few years. There was a wide variety of diagnoses but a fair amount of them included autism/aspergers. Some of my most meaningful work experiences were interacting with those kids. Count me in for next year too.

Back