DEMO Phase II with minor tweaks

This post contains an audio or video demo

DGWVI

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Made the trimpots external, used 9203 LDRs and an ultrabright diffused red LED. Replaced all the 6.8n caps in the phase stages with 10n.

Even without the little tweaks, this is still the best phaser circuit I've used. Highly recommend
received_2415454298623688.jpeg

Made the trimpots external, used 9203 LDRs and an ultrabright diffused red LED. Replaced all the 6.8n caps in the phase stages with 10n.

Even without the little tweaks, this is still the best phaser circuit I've used. Highly recommend
View attachment 42735
How do you make that pitch variation? Are you using a whammy bar or is it a vibrato pedal?

Anyway the pedal sounds great. Some Zappa tones in there. I'm excited for when I finally finish my Duo Phase. Two Phase IIs must be better than one!

How do you make that pitch variation? Are you using a whammy bar or is it a vibrato pedal?

Anyway the pedal sounds great. Some Zappa tones in there. I'm excited for when I finally finish my Duo Phase. Two Phase IIs must be better than one!
It's just me bending or applying vibrato to a single string. Just a thing I developed to make my power chord riffing a bit more varied

I can try to make vid demonstrating it a little later if you'd like

Also, the DuoPhase is indeed twice as nice

It's just me bending or applying vibrato to a single string. Just a thing I developed to make my power chord riffing a bit more varied

I can try to make vid demonstrating it a little later if you'd like

Also, the DuoPhase is indeed twice as nice
Nah, keep your technique secret haha
Kidding, it'd be cool to see.

I realized that I always bend or pull single notes a little bit to keep them moving but I don't do it with chords because I play 11s. My new Epiphone with 10s on a Gibson scale might change this though

Why no gut shots on any of these? That's the only part that matters.
I'll snap some in a bit when the coffee kicks in
Totally spaced taking em while it was convenient :ROFLMAO:

I realized that I always bend or pull single notes a little bit to keep them moving but I don't do it with chords because I play 11s. My new Epiphone with 10s on a Gibson scale might change this though
Lemme wake up a bit, and I'll do a tasteful hand modeling gig for y'all.

I play 12s or 13s on 30" baritones 😅

So, here's a quick show of how I add a sense of melody to my caveman riffing.
I use drop tunings, in this case Drop A. I have the basic, groovy root+fifth, then to fill up some more sonic space, I'll double that up with an octave of the root+fifth. I usually apply the wiggly bits to the higher pitched fifth, though I do employ other intervals at times. Far from jazz chords, but it works for my screwed up nerves

So, here's a quick show of how I add a sense of melody to my caveman riffing.
I use drop tunings, in this case Drop A. I have the basic, groovy root+fifth, then to fill up some more sonic space, I'll double that up with an octave of the root+fifth. I usually apply the wiggly bits to the higher pitched fifth, though I do employ other intervals at times. Far from jazz chords, but it works for my screwed up nerves
Interesting! The guitar too!

Back