Photon Vibe - More usable speed range?

ElSapo

I'm looking to get more usable range from the speed knob of a used Photon Vibe I recently purchased, and could use some guidance. Does resistance on R14/R15 and the speed pot map inversely to speed? I ask because I've seen suggestions on this forum to decrease R14/R15 values in order to increase maximum speed. But that confuses me, because speed is highest when the pot is fully clockwise, which I assume is maximum resistance. My ultimate goal would be to keep the current max speed, incrase the min speed a bit, and make the adjustment more evenly distributed.

For context, this unit was modified by the previous owner with 3k3 resistors in R14 and R15. My observation is that the usable range of the speed control is limited to the last quarter turn (clockwise) of the speed knob, and is very sensitive to adjustment, and I'd like to spread that out more evenly across the range. I've thought about restoring the original 4k7 values in R14/R15, but I'm wondering whether it would be better instead to use a much smaller pot value (say, 50K) and correspondingly larger R14/R15 values.

Increasing R14/R15 Decreases the maximum speed.

Decreasing R14/R15 Increases the maximum speed.

Increasing C8 to 2.2u gives more slow speed depth.

A combo of those two is probably what you want.

Back