Pitch Witch Trim Pot

Jiberjew

Hey guys! Still new to pedal building and having a great time! Just ordered the Pitch Witch PCB and saw it requires a 100k trim pot. I was curious if anyone had any tips to what value I should see from the trim pot? Or is it kind of something I have to play with and dial in? Sorry if that’s a dumb question, still getting my feet wet here. Thanks in advance!!!

trim pots are just tiny potentiometers. you'll use a 100k trim pot, and it'll go from 0 to 100k.

judging from the schematic, it looks like it scales down the amplitude of the input signal before it's loaded into the power amp (don't quote me on that haha). the LM386 is a beast so that kinda makes sense to me intuitively (the acapulco gold/el sol uses two of them). you could play with it, but it's more of a "to taste" thing that an exact value. again, i may not be accurately portraying things, so take that with a grain of salt!

hope that helps at least a bit.

1715465672776.png

trim pots are just tiny potentiometers. you'll use a 100k trim pot, and it'll go from 0 to 100k.

judging from the schematic, it looks like it scales down the amplitude of the input signal before it's loaded into the power amp (don't quote me on that haha). the LM386 is a beast so that kinda makes sense to me intuitively (the acapulco gold/el sol uses two of them). you could play with it, but it's more of a "to taste" thing that an exact value. again, i may not be accurately portraying things, so take that with a grain of salt!

hope that helps at least a bit.

View attachment 74926
That helps a lot! I kind of figured it would be something I’d need to adjust by ear and preference. Thanks for the tips and help!

That helps a lot! I kind of figured it would be something I’d need to adjust by ear and preference. Thanks for the tips and help!
you're welcome! one thing I'll add is that you'll probably need to adjust it if you move it around in your signal chain, as the input signal might need more or less attenuation depending on the gain of the pedals or whatever in front of it. I hope that makes sense!

you're welcome! one thing I'll add is that you'll probably need to adjust it if you move it around in your signal chain, as the input signal might need more or less attenuation depending on the gain of the pedals or whatever in front of it. I hope that makes sense!
Makes perfect sense! Thanks again! I’m pretty new to pedal building, but not with electronics. I’ve been doing a lot of homework, and all the advice everyone’s been giving me here has helped a ton too!

Back