Plaid Preamp / 1991 issue (?)

kidchemical

Hey everyone. I got my Plaid Preamp PCB in earlier today and immediately set out to build it. Everything seems to be working, but I noticed that when I turn the volume all the way down, there's still a little bit of signal coming through. Is that normal for this pedal?

I checked the layout, and it appears that lug 1 of the Vol pot is separated from ground by a 1k resistor (R14). Never seen that before. I'll probably just end up removing it and adding a jumper, but I wanted to make sure that 1k didn't need to go somewhere else. I haven't been able to find a schematic for this one anywhere, and the build docs aren't up yet.

Would appreciate any help!

Hey everyone. I got my Plaid Preamp PCB in earlier today and immediately set out to build it. Everything seems to be working, but I noticed that when I turn the volume all the way down, there's still a little bit of signal coming through. Is that normal for this pedal?

I checked the layout, and it appears that lug 1 of the Vol pot is separated from ground by a 1k resistor (R14). Never seen that before. I'll probably just end up removing it and adding a jumper, but I wanted to make sure that 1k didn't need to go somewhere else. I haven't been able to find a schematic for this one anywhere, and the build docs aren't up yet.

Would appreciate any help!

Sometimes a resistor is used to keep the volume from completely cutting off, you can jumper it or put like a 500r in there.

Back