Do you use 3PDT breakout boards?

• Yes

Votes: 107 74.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 13.9%
  • No, but I would if they were included

Votes: 17 11.8%

• Total voters
I really don’t like soldering 3PDT switches, I think it gets really messy for me, so I’d rather solder the board.

Love em, especially was great as a beginner. Now I know how to wire it without, but still very much prefer using it. Love the DC and other breakout jacks too, dont have to use them often but really useful when I do. While I'm at it, I'm definitely going to get the testing board; somehow ive gotten this far without one and it's always been on my to do list, but I can't pass it up, it just looks so neat and tidy. Big ups to all these boards as always!

I always use them. Keeping offboard wiring clean is frustrating enough for me to begin even if it's not that complicated of wiring and anything that makes it even slightly easier to keep tidy I'm an absolute sucker for. Dying for the I/O boards to be in stock, especially because I think I found right angle panel mount dc jack that will work with them.

I use them on pretty much every build I’ve ever done. I really love the ones for the LED on the foot switch I get from Tayda. They make things a lot simpler and neater for me.

I've only ever used them if they came with the PCB - and even then not always. I don't see the point. But then I started wiring pedals without them so I guess you just keep doing what you know.

I've used breakout boards on a few builds. I do prefer them, but typically I just hand wire it. Apparently spending an extra $1-2 is too much in my mind. Though I have found out the hard way not to by cheap 3pdt switches... I still have to fix one. It's soldered directly to the PCB. anyways. the plan is to start using them they look cleaner and are easy to use.

I found some on another site (I'll skip advertising for them for now) that I like because they have a spot for a bi-color-common-anode LED and I like the color swap to indicate power/active rather than just on/off.

A poll, eh?
Well, personally I prefer going without the boards.
Now that I've written that, I'm having a hard time deciding WHY..maybe it tricks my subconscious into believing that I actually have something to do with the circuitry rather than just assembly? It could be that I'm just into fiddling around with wires- who knows.

Anyhow, I think my vote is going to be for the unpopular "NO." I imagine their cost would have to come from somewhere, meaning PPCB taking a cut to profits, or slightly higher prices for we consumers, neither of which I'm into.

*I am voting completely based on that assumption, so please disregard me if I'm wrong.
**I do indeed like the boards. They make projects look super congruent and neat and I, the naysayer have totally got a small stash saved for certain applications. They're stupendous little parts.

I've used them out of habit on PPCB boards, but for vero and other manufacturer's PCBs I don't bother.
When there's enough space to accommodate the overhang easily they're really handy, but there have been a few PPCB projects where they've felt like they're making things more difficult than just doing it by hand due to the tight clearances.

I'm curious to know how many are actually using 3PDT breakout boards with their builds?

This includes standard 3PDT and relay switching boards, regardless of the supplier / manufacturer.

If you don't currently use them, would you if it was included with the PCB?
Just ordered 20 more on a recent order! Love em.

I used a grand total of two, and will probably never use them again. Sometimes I screw up a switch, but I'd rather hone the skill through repetition.

Back