Pot and Kettle. 2¢

Dan0h

Honestly the reason I wanted to try this one is Danish Pete’s fault. He shredded it on a video a while back and I had already started my blues breaker phase so I thought this would be perfect.

Smooth build no issues. I put the toggles inside because I knew I would find the setting I liked and never ever change it.

My thoughts: it is a little option overload, choice paralysis. There are lots of sounds to be had but it’s going to take a bit to dial in perfection. Having my Protien build already set at kill I am not sure if this one will stick around. All the knobs have good range and variation, and the toggles are all very noticeable except the smooth that one is very subtle. Nice cleans nice overdrive. Just nice.

I’d say if you don’t have a blues breaker already and love extra tweakahillbility, then this is for sure the way to go. Better bring your drilling A game though because it’s a lot of holes. Somehow even using square I jacked up my hole alignment, hand held drilling is often a losing battle. I also made an extra led hole boo boo, thus the unconnected top led…

Glad I built it, but most likely destin for the shoebox of pedals looking for attention in the near future. 0DEAE29A-1618-4E83-AB86-8391724781CC.jpeg C9C40503-6120-4EE6-885A-7E7A69CBF679.jpeg

What’s the deal with the toggles?…
Boost boosts, clip add a bit more clipping, and smooth is like a bright switch but for mids. The original Snouse had these as a dip switch but I can see how a lot of people would like having toggles so they didn’t have to open up the pedal to flip dips. I prefer to keep it simple, set it and forget it.

It's definitely on the other end of the spectrum of the Protein Blue. What I love about the Protein is that you can pretty much get "there" with minimal tweaking....until you start stacking it with the Green. What I love about the Pot & Kettle is that you can dial it in for a range of different guitars and sounds. I'm really digging mine, although anything I build is kinda "temporary" these days, because there's always something else to build and fall in love with:) I think your knob alignment looks spot on. The extra LED well, I think all the kids these days have like multiple earring holes right? I know my daughter does.........heh.

Update: After spending a little more time with this bad little box… it really is a great version of the BB. It has way more high end dialability than any other one I’ve played. If I didn’t have one already that I love I think this would be the way to go because there are more sound’s available to dial in. 🍻

Honestly the reason I wanted to try this one is Danish Pete’s fault. He shredded it on a video a while back and I had already started my blues breaker phase so I thought this would be perfect.

Smooth build no issues. I put the toggles inside because I knew I would find the setting I liked and never ever change it.

My thoughts: it is a little option overload, choice paralysis. There are lots of sounds to be had but it’s going to take a bit to dial in perfection. Having my Protien build already set at kill I am not sure if this one will stick around. All the knobs have good range and variation, and the toggles are all very noticeable except the smooth that one is very subtle. Nice cleans nice overdrive. Just nice.

I’d say if you don’t have a blues breaker already and love extra tweakahillbility, then this is for sure the way to go. Better bring your drilling A game though because it’s a lot of holes. Somehow even using square I jacked up my hole alignment, hand held drilling is often a losing battle. I also made an extra led hole boo boo, thus the unconnected top led…

Glad I built it, but most likely destin for the shoebox of pedals looking for attention in the near future. View attachment 30313View attachment 30314
Hi! What toggle switches did you get?

I ordered the short ones and installed them like you did, but they’re too tall for the cover to close.
I had to drill holes in the bottom for it to work out. That’s why I said if I ever do it again I’d order the short bat versions. Even the small ones at tayda were too tall. The good news is they don’t stick out from the bottom they just need a few more MM of space so it still lays flat on the board. “No one will ever know”…

I had to drill holes in the bottom for it to work out. That’s why I said if I ever do it again I’d order the short bat versions. Even the small ones at tayda were too tall. The good news is they don’t stick out from the bottom they just need a few more MM of space so it still lays flat on the board. “No one will ever know”…
Aaaah, ok.
I just ordered these: https://www.taydaelectronics.com/slide-switch-1p2t-through-hole-2a-125vac.html
I think they’ll be the best solution.

I'm with DanOh. I built mine with the switches on the outside but the only one I'm likely to actually use is the boost - and even then it would probably make more sense as a footswitch. The other two I leave to the left. And I would rather have a bass knob than two trebles. Maybe there are amazing shades of tone that having two trebles can provide but I can't find 'em! What is the point? Just make one of them a good treble control. A bass pot is way more useful on an OD.

It's a good sounding OD but I have a lot of good sounding ODs now!

I'm with DanOh. I built mine with the switches on the outside but the only one I'm likely to actually use is the boost - and even then it would probably make more sense as a footswitch. The other two I leave to the left. And I would rather have a bass knob than two trebles. Maybe there are amazing shades of tone that having two trebles can provide but I can't find 'em! What is the point? Just make one of them a good treble control. A bass pot is way more useful on an OD.

It's a good sounding OD but I have a lot of good sounding ODs now!
Exactly. Exactly.

Back