Pot and Kettle

Laundryroom David

Keyboard Cowboy 🤠
Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
I know.

But here’s the thing. This pedal is really good. Like really good.

I have never played a Blackbox, hate most Bluesbreakers and dislike dumb shit. Like 10pF caps. Gimme a break.

And yet I love this pedal. It sounds fantastic. It presents options without being overly fussy. @Robert has done it again.

I’ll update once this lil fella isn’t quite so naked. I have ideas and the weather’s almost nice enough to do some painting and finishing.

Short version: drama, worth it, build one.
IMG_6367.jpeg IMG_6366.jpeg

Edit:

IMG_6385.jpeg

Last edited:
Congrats on such a great design @Robert! Lol
He's not using side jacks and switches (super inconvenient and not very functional, and ugly AF), so yeah, good job @Robert

I was actually on your website this morning before I visited the forum because I was really interested in ordering a v2. You have your own sandbox in which you appear to be thriving and I congratulate you on that.

Edited to clarify: I didn’t order one.
Clean build, and you made the right choice building and not ordering.

Hey @snouse I've seen your guts. I can teach you how to remove unsightly flux from your builds for a professional look.
"So clean inside ya can lick it! " :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: OK!
And remember "military grade" means it came from the lowest bidder on that contract!
Are you applying for the job 🤡 🤡 🤡

Oh shit! Things getting spicy in here! Better get your boards before the C&D hits.
Imagine if analogman or JHS came in here acting like this. what's next, harassing sellers on reverb? Why are you selling my pedal and making money on my work? lol

This isn’t my pedal, looks great though!
I was referring to your pedals being sold at a markup. I feel like that's the bigger issue. Most people on the forum aren't selling these for profit. Most of us (me included) build for ourselves and will generally gift pedals to people or will build for someone at cost. The real issue is people building your pedal, throwing it together really shitty and putting it on reverb for 75 bucks, and there is no shortage of that. I had one of your older pedals that was built on vero, ultimately it didn't work in my rig for me. I have nothing bad to say about you or your pedals, I just can't see doing this in a build report. I hope you have a lovely day🫂

I was referring to your pedals being sold at a markup. I feel like that's the bigger issue. Most people on the forum aren't selling these for profit. Most of us (me included) build for ourselves and will generally gift pedals to people or will build for someone at cost. The real issue is people building your pedal, throwing it together really shitty and putting it on reverb for 75 bucks, and there is no shortage of that. I had one of your older pedals that was built on vero, ultimately it didn't work in my rig for me. I have nothing bad to say about you or your pedals, I just can't see doing this in a build report. I hope you have a lovely day🫂
And further to this, I don’t sell. But I do buy and I am incredibly fortunate to have the means to buy a retail pedal now and again. No lie I was on the website to sign up for a BBv2 and just thought hey I wonder what’s up in happyland this morning, checked in here and see my typically mediocre build report triggering the dude whose pedal I was legit going to buy. Bad look. No thanks. Lol.

As a pedal designer, I am sure it smarts at least a little to see your work cloned but such is the nature of the pedal game. Better that it comes from PPCB than a less reliable vendor..

I don’t mind. Never did. It’s flattering. Not under the impression that my business will fall apart because people are making clones at home. If Ibanez is still selling hoards of Tube Screamers, believe me, I’m not concerned. I sleep on a couch in the shop at least four nights a week, no more than six hours a night, sometimes with shoes on so I can just get up and start going, running around like a headless chicken every day because I can’t build them fast enough — so in fact, by all means, if anyone wants to take over… I could use a nap.

Came here previously to help by correcting a mistake on the schematic and to note that first-stage transistors needed to be biased properly — which to me doesn’t seem all that controversial, especially when someone is saying their build is sputtery exactly for that reason — but was met with the dogs, and all the info I shared was deleted. All I can do is laugh it off, I have work to do.

But bring this back! Lol

FDE4610C-8F51-421D-B599-1BFC11716557.jpeg

Last edited:
Did you Guys miss this or remember this far back???????????

if anything, I would steal @Robert 's layout and have top mount jacks and switches on top of the enclosure to stick it to him 🤷‍♂️🤣
I would release a decoy pedal, wait for Robert to tidy up my layout and then rerelease as a v2 limited edition sparkles mode. But that speaks more for my layout skills than anything else.
I don’t mind. Never did. It’s flattering.
Awesome sauce. We may take the piss but I think the bulk of us are happy to see pedal makers thrive. Even more so when they engage in our community of semi-well behaved trolls.

Did you Guys miss this or remember this far back???????????

That’s the one. If people are using these builds as placeholders to represent my design, taking them around town and saying, “This is what a BlackBox sounds like,” don’t y’all think I understand it’s in my own interest to help make them sound as good and as close to the real thing as possible…?

Back