PPCB 3-way splitter.

I’m assuming the isolation need is much like the high priced isolated power supplies? Where people end up with a ground loop noise they can’t find…

I’m assuming the isolation need is much like the high priced isolated power supplies? Where people end up with a ground loop noise they can’t find…
I find that the noise reduction from isolated power is a lot more apparent than a ground loop. Ground loops not always occur, noise from non isolated power is much more common.

Last edited:
I see. Sure. What is the intent for this device then?
Pedalboard use. Parallel effects or effects chains.
Sure, it can be used to drive multiple amps, but with that caveat of ground loops.
One could add a ground lift on the pedal that lifts the sleeve contact. As long as the sleeve contact at the amp is correct, no harm done.
Fairly common in pro audio with the multitude of power sources and everything eventually went back to the desk anyhow.
But you also have a lot of transformers involved that typically handled most isolation issues with ease.

Sure, it can be used to drive multiple amps, but with that caveat of ground loops.
One could add a ground lift on the pedal that lifts the sleeve contact. As long as the sleeve contact at the amp is correct, no harm done.
Fairly common in pro audio with the multitude of power sources and everything eventually went back to the desk anyhow.
But you also have a lot of transformers involved that typically handled most isolation issues with ease.
so basically use isolated jacks. Is there a situation where having the sleeve grounded here would be beneficial. I see plenty of builders that don’t ground their output in their pedals.

If you used SPDT on-off-on switches in the phase position, would the off position turn off the signal for that channel?

so basically use isolated jacks. Is there a situation where having the sleeve grounded here would be beneficial. I see plenty of builders that don’t ground their output in their pedals.
It's only ever an issue if the other end(amp) isn't grounded properly.

So awesome! I built an Orman JFET splitter several years ago, which has worked out well for my current uses. Still, I prefer opamp buffers/splitters, and the added versatility here makes it a heck yes! for me.

Can you suffer a fool for a couple of minutes while I work this out in my head? So the guitarist would have to split their signal to two effects pedals before this pedal so that they could feed the return of those effects into this to be mixed with the clean signal? Does that make sense?

Or alternatively, they could run a guitar signal and two other audio inputs and mix the three on the fly?

This pedal looks cool and I've been waiting patiently for a Signal Blender PCB for months now so I'm all in on the concept. But I'm having trouble figuring out how to use this. The signal blender uses a send and return so the clean guitar signal goes to the effects pedal before its returned to be mixed. This doesn't do that, right?

So two of these would get you to the OBNE Signal Blender, right? One splits the signal and sends it to other effects pedal and the other one acts as the return?

Can you suffer a fool for a couple of minutes while I work this out in my head? So the guitarist would have to split their signal to two effects pedals before this pedal so that they could feed the return of those effects into this to be mixed with the clean signal? Does that make sense?

Or alternatively, they could run a guitar signal and two other audio inputs and mix the three on the fly?

This pedal looks cool and I've been waiting patiently for a Signal Blender PCB for months now so I'm all in on the concept. But I'm having trouble figuring out how to use this. The signal blender uses a send and return so the clean guitar signal goes to the effects pedal before its returned to be mixed. This doesn't do that, right?

So two of these would get you to the OBNE Signal Blender, right? One splits the signal and sends it to other effects pedal and the other one acts as the return?
I don't have this pedal but do something similar with a mixer and pre amp that has a bunch of outputs. The splitter lets you do things like run dry signal separately to a reverb, modulation and delay. So you can have reverb on your dry signal but not your delay or you can run the effects separately into into an EQ or dirt pedal. This works best when the effects can be set to wet only. It also gives you finer control over the volume levels than the balance on the pedals themselves. I think some people also run the splitter to separate amps.

Back