PPCB 3-way splitter.

Locrian99

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Hello,

Friend of mine recently asked me to make something for him so he could sent his signal to two amp. That he would be keeping on both sides of the stage. I was going to do a little strip board setup of one of jack ormans Jfet splitters but then I saw this in coming soon. Robert was awesome and sent me one of the prototype boards when I inquired about when it may be available.

It’s not terribly sexy or exciting. But it doesn’t sound like it colors your signal at all and it splits it. Phase switches are a nice feature. I set up my little 5 watt mono price on one side of the room breaking up with my jc40 with the chorus on the other. Sounded kinda cool.

Easy straight forward build. I would’ve used a different process for doing the drilling template. First time using a face plate and I wasn’t quite centered.

FD322DF3-E7A6-4D9E-BD70-63EF673F50AC.jpeg E4A8226C-B484-4DA1-B3E5-CCC358A916BC.jpeg

For use with two amps don’t you need one of the output to be fully electrically isolated to avoid ground loops? That is, with a transformer?

Hello,
It’s terrifically sexy & exciting, because it doesn’t sound like it colors your signal at all and it splits it. Phase switches are a nice feature. I set up my little 5 watt mono price on one side of the room breaking up with my jc40 with the chorus on the other. Sounded kinda cool.

Easy straight forward build. I would’ve used a different process for doing the drilling template. First time using a face plate and I wasn’t quite centered.

View attachment 60368View attachment 60369

FYP, a part of it, a very important part.

So with this device, one can send a signal to 1, 2 or 3 amps? Hmm, I've just became aware of the Barber Launch Pad which has 2 outputs to sent to both channels of a Fender 2 channel and a phase switch to correct the fact that the channels are out of phase. This could also do that also?

So with this device, one can send a signal to 1, 2 or 3 amps? Hmm, I've just became aware of the Barber Launch Pad which has 2 outputs to sent to both channels of a Fender 2 channel and a phase switch to correct the fact that the channels are out of phase. This could also do that also?
Yes it can!

I was able to run to two amps without any issue and yes it has the phase inversion switch so I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.

Giovanni mentioned the ground loop thing, I had no issues but my house is also only 20 years old playing in a dive bar thag was built in the 30’s might be another story.

Need isolation for 2 amps
That's not really the intent of this PCB but if you want to use it that way, maybe you can employ RG Keens splitter post opamp

splitter.gif

Back
Top Bottom