Pro-ten green side very little gain

Jonnytexas

Blue side sounds absolutely glorious. 10/10. Green side has almost no gain. Volume and tone work as expected. I have built a few of these, so I know something is amiss. Really scratching my head. I believe all components are correct except a few I didnt have: 2n5457 instead of j201, 100pf instead of 120 above IC1, 6n8 caps instead of 8n2. Used a b100k for volume with a 100k resistor across lugs 1 and 3 to make a 50k pot. The 5k1 resistor is soldered on bottom side of board...long story. I tried using a 250k pot for the gain and it made very little difference. All 4 4148 diodes measure around .56 in circuit. Pictures and IC voltages coming shortly when I get home.
IC1....All 4.3, except pin 4--0, pin 8--8.7

Last edited:
I would like to know the Colour Bands on the highlighted colours;
I am not a fan when substitute parts are used & different resistors 1/4 w versus 1/8 w.
If I had a Dollar for every time a Member says the value is correct & the Multiplier band is wrong, I would own a Custom Shop Fender.
I'll be honest, this is not a tidy build, melted caps & lumps of Solder dont help!

I would like to know the Colour Bands on the highlighted colours;
I am not a fan when substitute parts are used & different resistors 1/4 w versus 1/8 w.
If I had a Dollar for every time a Member says the value is correct & the Multiplier band is wrong, I would own a Custom Shop Fender.
I'll be honest, this is not a tidy build, melted caps & lumps of Solder dont help!
Fair enough, I use what's on hand. Perhaps that's why I'm here with a non working project.
1k8..brown, gray, black, brown, brown
470r..yellow, purple, black, black, brown
820r..gray, red, black, black, brown
1k5..brown, gray, black, brown, brown
Edit: The 1/8 is hard to see
1k5...looks like brown, green, black, brown, brown

Last edited:
Back