Question about pedalpcb reverb

I am wondering whether i should build a reverb pedal like https://www.pedalpcb.com/product/pcb058/

Or just buy a used one like the ehx oceans 11. Or maybe there is a better option on pcb?

My use case is simple hall/spring reverb since my amp doesn’t have it. My first instinct is to build it but i don’t know much about reverb. I mostly play metal.

Thoughts?
Pb

What reverbs sound good/ bad is a pretty divisive subject.

The vhs looks cool. I have it in my wishlist, but it’s a boost/chorus/reverb, so wouldn’t be my first choice if you’re mainly concerned with reverb.

I like the ppcb Gravitation for a stand alone reverb, but then some folks will tell you that all belton brick based reverb is trash.

If you get any fv-1 ppcb projects with the fv-1 pre soldered and eeprom preflashed, they're pretty simple builds. They're not as economical as some other builds due to the cost of a fv-1. You can also try different eeprom and algos. I think there's even a build your own 8 pack option?
What there is not is presets, if that matters to you. I have an oceans 12 and red panda context 2 and can recommend both.

What reverbs sound good/ bad is a pretty divisive subject.

The vhs looks cool. I have it in my wishlist, but it’s a boost/chorus/reverb, so wouldn’t be my first choice if you’re mainly concerned with reverb.

I like the ppcb Gravitation for a stand alone reverb, but then some folks will tell you that all belton brick based reverb is trash.
I guess it is pretty subjective. Most of the guitar pedal sound is. I will take a look at the gravitation and do some research. I was reading about fv1 buy tight to ask

Thanks
Pb

If you get any fv-1 ppcb projects with the fv-1 pre soldered and eeprom preflashed, they're pretty simple builds. They're not as economical as some other builds due to the cost of a fv-1. You can also try different eeprom and algos. I think there's even a build your own 8 pack option?
What there is not is presets, if that matters to you. I have an oceans 12 and red panda context 2 and can recommend both.
Interesting. I didn’t know there were no presets for the fv1. Hmm i have more research to do. Thanks
Pb

The gravitation reverb looks interesting. I listened to the levitation youtube clips and I like it. That would suite my needs. The reverb module is $30 at nextgen, nice to see they have it. I suspect I will be about $90 build. I know reverb builds are more expensive due to the extra chips.

Pb

I see your point. 53$ usd is 71$cdn. Add shipping (pcb and parts) gets you 90$cdn.

Pb
There’s a fair amount of talk here about the pain of shipping to CN. I have some family up there and I hear the same from them.

USA is the place to be for building pedals!

Just don’t get sick…

There’s a fair amount of talk here about the pain of shipping to CN. I have some family up there and I hear the same from them.

USA is the place to be for building pedals!

Just don’t get sick…
True. The biggest difference for me is the currency exchange these days :-(

Pb

Whichever route you go I’d plan on using it in the effects loop. Maybe that’s a given, especially with metal. I agree though that the FV-1 allows you to swap out programs and gives you a pretty open palette.

Back