Quick Questions...

Coda

A few quick questions for those who may know the answers:

1) How can I turn a 200k trimpot into a 250k trimpot?
2) AionFX drill templates: can I just enter the measurements listed on the drill template into the Tayda drill service program?

1) you can’t. Unless you put a 50k resistor in series but you still lose that much of a run on either end of the pot.

Edit: taking a step back, what circuit do you need it for? Maybe 200k could work, depending on the circuit.

1) you can’t. Unless you put a 50k resistor in series but you still lose that much of a run on either end of the pot.

Edit: taking a step back, what circuit do you need it for? Maybe 200k could work, depending on the circuit.
Electrovibe Mini...

So that trimmer is the bias trimmer. From the schematic my guess is that it won’t make a huge difference between 250K and 200K, but somebody more knowledgeable than me should probably confirm that.

Update: the trimpot issue has been solved. The Electrovibe Mini PCB allows for both 3362p and 6mm trimpots...

...as for the AionFx Coordinates...

Are the measurements in millimeters from the center of the enclosure?

If so, yes, although you might have to change the polarity of the Y coordinates.

..as for the AionFx Coordinates...
The face coordinates can be used as listed. For the top (i.e., the I/O), the measurements are not taken from the center. I use these coordinates:

DRILL​
Size​
X​
Y​
Out
9.725​
-15.875​
7.5​
DC
12.3​
0​
7.5​
In
9.725​
15.875​
7.5​

NOTE: This is for standard 2.1mm Boss-style DC jack and enclosed 1/4" audio jacks. Powdercoat adjustments are included.

The face coordinates can be used as listed. For the top (i.e., the I/O), the measurements are not taken from the center. I use these coordinates:

DRILL​
Size​
X​
Y​
Out
9.725​
-15.875​
7.5​
DC
12.3​
0​
7.5​
In
9.725​
15.875​
7.5​

NOTE: This is for standard 2.1mm Boss-style DC jack and enclosed 1/4" audio jacks. Powdercoat adjustments are included.
I saw the Aion template specifies closed jacks. I use open jacks. Of course, thinking of it now, I'm sure I can just use the measurements for the top that I used the last time I used the drill service...

Back