Re: Mammal Diodes

k3yPr0gg3r

Hi,

I'm planning on building the Mammal circuit, and I want to put different diodes in. I'm assuming that the 1N4001s are one way on the toggle, and the 1N914s are the other. If I want to have say BAT41s for direction and red LEDs the other, do I just place them the same way as the "stock" diodes?

Thank you

EDIT: The toggle is not for clipping.

The stripe (cathode / negative) will be the same on any diode as with the 1N4001s. Typically, the flag inside an LED points toward positive (anode), and typically the longer of the leads is the positive side.

As for the replacements: D1 and D2 are a pair, D3 and D4 are a pair. To keep symmetrical clipping, make sure the BATs are both odds or evens (doesn’t matter) and the LEDs are [whatever the BATs aren’t].

Example:
D1, D3: BAT41
D2, D4: Red LED

1707960792054.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes, the stripe (cathode / negative) on the diodes will be the same on any diode as the 1N4001s. Typically, the flag inside an LED points toward positive (anode), and typically the longer of the leads is the positive side.

As for the replacements: D1 and D2 are a pair, D3 and D4 are a pair. To keep symmetrical clipping, make sure the BATs are both odds or evens (doesn’t matter) and the LEDs are [whatever the BATs aren’t].

View attachment 68497
And typically the anode of an led has the longer lead

Back