Red Snapper

BeeSharp

kinda famous producer, Dave Cobb, mentioned in his "rig rundown" that he liked the Menatone Red Snapper over a Klon style OD. I can't find a pcb of the Red Snapper anywhere.

You might like the Fish Factory - it's a Red Snapper on one side and a Blue Collar on the other. Neither are difficult vero builds if you're into that. Very simple, clever op-amp ODs. Closest on Pedal PCB to a Red Snapper I can think of might be a Tommy III or a Mammal. Dunno if that helps?

You might like the Fish Factory - it's a Red Snapper on one side and a Blue Collar on the other. Neither are difficult vero builds if you're into that. Very simple, clever op-amp ODs. Closest on Pedal PCB to a Red Snapper I can think of might be a Tommy III or a Mammal. Dunno if that helps?
Wuld you have a link to a schematic of those? cheers.

Wuld you have a link to a schematic of those? cheers.

I've build the 3 knob red snapper on vero, and must say I was kinda underwhelmed by the sound.
The rave it gets on the net must be based on good experiences, but it didn't do it for me sound wise.

Apparently it's REALLY close to the Clark Gainster; just a few difference in parts values.
I built a 'crossover' version called the Snapster, and it's really nice. I modded mine to be brighter/less bass, really going for a Tom Petty 'Mary Jane's Last Dance' kind of tone.
Nice thing is, the PCB is SMALL.

Apparently it's REALLY close to the Clark Gainster; just a few difference in parts values.
I built a 'crossover' version called the Snapster, and it's really nice. I modded mine to be brighter/less bass, really going for a Tom Petty 'Mary Jane's Last Dance' kind of tone.
Nice thing is, the PCB is SMALL.
Sorry for the bump, but.. I understand it to be the other way around. The Gainster was a knockoff of the Snapper, which is a sort of tweaked SoS circuit (bufferless TS, YATS, whatever you want to call it). I absolutely love it though and hope @PedalPCB gets around to designing a PCB for it!

Also - I built a Blue Collar recently and had to tweak the vero layout to fit what was inside my vertical Fish Factory (2020 build). Brian Mena is notorious for constantly tweaking his designs, as evidenced by the multiple BC schematics floating around. The version on my FF is a bit less spongy and muddy than previous versions, which (IMO) help it play nicely in either position with the order toggle.

Back