REQUEST - Duocast

There doesn't appear to be an exact tayda box for the 1590BBM. I used the 1590XX for the template instead. I chose the 2.1mm panel mount power jack as I believe that is more common and I used 3mm LEDs for the indicator lights. I did already add the .2mm for the powder coating. This is for the full size Rev 3 board.

*Disclaimer - I have not built this myself, I just printed the drill template and measured with a caliper.

Last edited:
There doesn't appear to be an exact tayda box for the 1590BBM. I used the 1590XX for the template instead.
For these larger enclosures, they can be set out sideways, like this one for the full-sized Kliché - that's what the Duocast needs.

For these larger enclosures, they can be set out sideways, like this one for the full-sized Kliché - that's what the Duocast needs.
The link didn't work. If you can just tell me what enclosure you want it in, I can transpose my measurements.

Finally got around to test fitting the box today, and it doesn't fit. The problem is the switch, hole 7. It's about 3.5mm too far to the south. X position should be 9.5, not 6 mm. Everything else fits, though the footswitches are very close to the wall.

I ain't going to spend the money on a replacement box, so I've bent the prongs on the pots so they reach. I thought about trying to drill the hole out higher but it wouldn't work, not enough room, I'd end up with a very wonky oval hole that doesn't grip the switch properly.

Finally got around to test fitting the box today, and it doesn't fit. The problem is the switch, hole 7. It's about 3.5mm too far to the south. X position should be 9.5, not 6 mm. Everything else fits, though the footswitches are very close to the wall.

I ain't going to spend the money on a replacement box, so I've bent the prongs on the pots so they reach. I thought about trying to drill the hole out higher but it wouldn't work, not enough room, I'd end up with a very wonky oval hole that doesn't grip the switch properly.
Sorry about that, I went back and double checked my measurements, the switch hole is in the correct X,Y position, the pot holes got shifted up when I read my caliper wrong. I've updated the template and if you would like, I'll reimburse you for the box cost.

Sorry about that, I went back and double checked my measurements, the switch hole is in the correct X,Y position, the pot holes got shifted up when I read my caliper wrong. I've updated the template and if you would like, I'll reimburse you for the box cost.
Nah, no harm done. Bent those pot prongs, they reach the PCB well enough to solder in and it won't be a problem. I did wonder if the pot holes were too high on the box, but I've fit-tested everything and there's plenty of room for the enclosed jacks I prefer, so it'll all be fine.

Back