Revel Overdrive

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Last weekend I completed 3 Revel Overdrives and I finally got to testing them and verifying they 100% function yesterday after work! These things are pretty gnarly, and thanks to the help of a few folks over on my mids mod post I was able to implement a mid scoop/boost control on each of these using W20K solder lug pots. These pots make a very subtle difference, I almost want to swap out the W20K with something that would make more of a noticeable difference...maybe a B50K [if anyone has suggestions there by all means]? I also conveniently only had 4 red LEDs when I needed 6 across these 3, so I took the liberty of socketing yellow LEDs inside my personal build, mainly to continue onward with the pedal but also to allow for experimentation. The one thing I wanted to do but could not figure was how to implement the charge pump to closer emulate the LCFR 2 and its switchable 9-18v function, but alas it was not meant to be. I would love to revisit this at some point if anyone is able to provide proper instructions on how to wire the thing [I looked on here and saw one forum post, but following it I was not successful].

The middle build is my personal build, whereas the builds with the Satanist artwork are going to be sold as charity incentives in early November, and then publicly if not sold during the charity window. All gold on black via laser engraving. Really proud of these ones!

20230928_212946.jpg

20230928_213026.jpg

I've seen W50k and W100k elsewhere, possibly it was at SynthBearSmallCube or StompBoxParts.

Good looking builds.

I've seen W50k and W100k elsewhere, possibly it was at SynthBearSmallCube or StompBoxParts.

Good looking builds.
Thank you for the pointers! I got the original W20K from SBP and I'll probably go back to them. They're also a 40 minute drive from me, so I'll support the locals where I can 🤘

Cool. I like supporting local, too, and brick-and-mortar all the better.
Though not local, I did place an order with SBP a day or so ago — they've been stellar to deal with, if only there was a way to lower the $hipping to Canucka. Yer a lucky builder to have that crew near you.

Back