Rosamp SLO 30 Amp kit build diary

Today I got a fair amount of the wiring done. I used the kit wire for some spots, but using my silicone insulated stuff for most, ‘cause I like it! I used the shielded wire from the kit and there’s just barely enough. Not sure about the other stuff, so beware if you build this, you might need to be careful with your wire lengths.

I also picked up some adhesive wire clips from Amazon to help keep things tidy. I put the footswitch wires through one that’s canted to take up some slack but I hate it, even knowing it’ll be covered by the PCB, gonna fix it tomorrow.

Any notes or advice? Thanks for keeping up with my build!

I hadn't ever seen the heater wiring done that way! I'm stealing it for my next build!

Looking clean! Makes me wonder why I've not built a kit yet!

I hadn't ever seen the heater wiring done that way! I'm stealing it for my next build!

Looking clean! Makes me wonder why I've not built a kit yet!
It’s very rewarding. Pedals are nice for quick projects, but this is satisfying in a different way. I built a Princeton clone before where I sourced the parts, but never a full kit where it’s all here. It’s really nice!

Today I finished wiring it! It puts out sound! Though it sounds farty and bad right now. There’s an issue with the wiring near the beginning of the preamp, so I’ll look at it tomorrow with some fresh eyes. For now here’s some pics of the finished product with some alternate knobs as I prefer metal over plastic.
IMG_2874.jpeg IMG_2873.jpeg IMG_2872.jpeg IMG_2868.jpeg IMG_2866.jpeg IMG_2865.jpeg IMG_2864.jpeg IMG_2863.jpeg

Ok, so I spent all day going over the amp and making sure everything works as intended. I’ve narrowed it down to a dirty pot but I don’t have any contact cleaner, so I’ll have to set it aside for a few days until I can get some. Should be here by the end of the week. Normal Crunch channel is beautiful, but I find the Clean being a little too low gain for me. The issues are limited to the Overdrive channel, so I can play through it but it’s just not satisfying without the high gain!

I will update once I get a cabinet made, but here’s my pedalboard with the foot switch for the ‘30.

The schematic includes the foot switch, but the layout leaves it out. It’s a simple latching stomp switch with an LED and 33 ohm resistor. I got all from Tayda, ordered Tuesday and got it today, love them!

IMG_2898.jpeg

Kindcanuk,
I just finished a 50w. I’m getting a little hum when I touch the amp. Specifically the overdrive gain knob and the three switches on the front. Are you getting the same thing?

I don’t have that issue. I would check your preamp grounds and failing that, ask Sevino at Rosamp, he helped me figure out that I had the LDRs in backwards

Back