Rosamp SLO 30 Amp kit build diary

KindCanuck

Ok, just picked the box up from UPS as the shipper chose to have it held at a UPS store. Depending on your perspective, this is a good way of thwarting porch pirates or annoyance that you have to go pick it up. It’s the latter for me, as I’m home most days, though I can appreciate that the pirates didn’t get my booty.

I didn’t have access to my car this morning so I picked it up in my e-bike!

Unboxing later today. IMG_2821.jpeg

I really like e-bikes. I'm not a biker, per se, but I do enjoy a good ride once in a while. E-bikes aren't "cheating". IMO, they allow you to bike for longer. If you want to cheat just get in the car or hop a bus.

I really like e-bikes. I'm not a biker, per se, but I do enjoy a good ride once in a while. E-bikes aren't "cheating". IMO, they allow you to bike for longer. If you want to cheat just get in the car or hop a bus.
Absolutely. I’m getting older and my knees aren’t getting any younger, so I’ll take any advantage that will get me out. If all I had was my regular bike, I would have waited until I had my car back to get it. Win-win!

Slapped a few components on the PCBs. I really like the way it’s coming together. I’ve been taking my time with each part, making sure the lead bends are in the right spot, cantering them. I want to be proud of the result! So far so good!

IMG_2830.jpeg

Just checked and my printed copy of the layout is the same as the one online. Here’s yesterday’s progress:

IMG_2832.jpeg IMG_2835.jpeg

I had put in the standoffs before I fit the transformers, and once I did I realized I made a mistake. I put in the standoffs backwards. There are three chamfered holes that match some flathead screws in the standoffs, so I had to swap them around. I also tried swapping the round head screws, but they are just a little too long, so they can’t tighten even with the washers, so I left those as-is. You might be able to tell in the photo test fitting the boards.

A bonus is that the transformers are the same height so it makes working on it much easier. Wiring today!

IMG_2836.jpeg

IMG_2839.jpeg

Back