Rosamp SLO 30 Amp kit build diary

I don’t have that issue. I would check your preamp grounds and failing that, ask Sevino at Rosamp, he helped me figure out that I had the LDRs in backwards
I asked a friend/tech to look at it.
I’ll send rosamp a message if he can’t figure it out.
Thanks for the reply

Kindcanuk,
I just finished a 50w. I’m getting a little hum when I touch the amp. Specifically the overdrive gain knob and the three switches on the front. Are you getting the same thing?
Do you have a detailed picture of the insides, maybe a fresh set of eyes could see something.

Here is a few.
I used shield around the input and moved a few things around trying to reduce the hum.

Update
Had a tech go through it and he took the paint off the chassis so the switches and pots were grounded to the chassis and the hum/buzz is gone. So if anyone tries this kit keep this in mind.

Sorry for the hijacker kindcanuck

Attachments

• IMG_8979.jpeg
    IMG_8979.jpeg
    512.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_8978.jpeg
    IMG_8978.jpeg
    508.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Kindcanuck that looks pretty nice. I like the purple.
I was playing mine last week and telling myself this doesn’t sound right. Not like the other slo’s I’ve had.
Plenty of gain but it didn’t have those harmonics.Just sounded flat to me. I’m a rock/metal guy lol
So I looked at the schematic and over the weekend I returned r24? (The resistor to ground before the fx) back to stock value of 2k2. Now this thing sounds like it should.

Kindcanuck that looks pretty nice. I like the purple.
I was playing mine last week and telling myself this doesn’t sound right. Not like the other slo’s I’ve had.
Plenty of gain but it didn’t have those harmonics.Just sounded flat to me. I’m a rock/metal guy lol
So I looked at the schematic and over the weekend I returned r24? (The resistor to ground before the fx) back to stock value of 2k2. Now this thing sounds like it should.
Thanks for the tip, I'll look into it when I open her up next! I would like to see how it sounds, I might put it on a switch so I can A/B it.

Ok I’ve got a strange issue, there’s a lot of hiss and 60hz hum when I put pedals in the loop and power them. Signal fades in and out, almost as if it’s out of phase. Next I’ll try swapping preamp tubes to diagnose if the phase invertor or the loop buffer is bad. Then go over everything I can think of to check ground (though I did already partially check this).

I’m really confused because it almost seemed to happen overnight. Hope it’s something simple.

Ok I’ve got a strange issue, there’s a lot of hiss and 60hz hum when I put pedals in the loop and power them. Signal fades in and out, almost as if it’s out of phase. Next I’ll try swapping preamp tubes to diagnose if the phase invertor or the loop buffer is bad. Then go over everything I can think of to check ground (though I did already partially check this).

I’m really confused because it almost seemed to happen overnight. Hope it’s something simple.
Did you get this sorted? I would check your grounds and the tubes, let me know? Pop up some pics

First look at my cab from a local builder. I’m really impressed, can’t wait to pick it up tomorrow!

View attachment 55191
Hi KC..beautiful build..nice workmanship! I’m considering an SLO30 kit..looks very interesting..are you happy with the sound..I’m currently using a Boogie MarkV:35 and really like it, but I’d like take on a project like this. Could I ask who built your head cabinet?

Hi KC..beautiful build..nice workmanship! I’m considering an SLO30 kit..looks very interesting..are you happy with the sound..I’m currently using a Boogie MarkV:35 and really like it, but I’d like take on a project like this. Could I ask who built your head cabinet?

Thanks for the kind words! I adore the sound, it’s exactly what I want in an amp. Fenderish cleans and Marshall crunch and Dual Rec grind.

The builder is a user “epis” on Canadian Guitar Forums (www.guitarscanada.com)

Back