Same old stuff I guess

I was putting the resistors on the board and realized the build doc doesnt have the 470k resistors. I'm all out of those but I might have enough 422k and 51k to put in series in those spots. Would that be a bad idea considering the sensitivity of these circuits?
Which circuit are you looking at? Am I missing parts?

Depending on what you're looking at you could possibly get away with just using 422k (which is a weird thing to have on hand and not have 470k) across the board without changing the output too much. They are a bit sensitive to wiring and dress, so it's generally better to use a "wrong" value in order to keep the build tidy.

Tube circuits are sensitive to a lot of things, but resistor values isn't really one of them. I've substituted things that were 25% off value in a pinch just to see if the circuit works. Worst case scenario it just sounds a little different.

Which circuit are you looking at? Am I missing parts?

Depending on what you're looking at you could possibly get away with just using 422k (which is a weird thing to have on hand and not have 470k) across the board without changing the output too much. They are a bit sensitive to wiring and dress, so it's generally better to use a "wrong" value in order to keep the build tidy.

Tube circuits are sensitive to a lot of things, but resistor values isn't really one of them. I've substituted things that were 25% off value in a pinch just to see if the circuit works. Worst case scenario it just sounds a little different.
this is for king nothing, i believe the circuit also calls for 330k (which I have) but it also isnt on the doc

this is for king nothing, i believe the circuit also calls for 330k (which I have) but it also isnt on the doc
I also have 510K lol never remembered to restock 470K. How would 510k vs 422k affect the king nothing circuit? Would I be right to assume the higher resistor value would produce less grit with more volume and less bass/low mids?

I plugged my Strat into the slo I got from you and holy crap is sounds amazing. I realized that the jazzmaster pickups I have just don’t work well with some pedals, but holy crap the strat sounds like a dream. Glad I didn’t sell the strat now. Tubes rule.

The 330k is more important as it sets the voltage rail for the JFET. The value of the 470k is less important and either 422k or 510k should be fine, I doubt you would notice much difference at all with one over the other.

It sounds like somebody did a bad job on the build doc, I need to go through and double-check things.

I am ready to plug in my King Nothing and just had a thought that I don't specifically think has been covered.

9-12v ok? Center negative? How many mA does it require?

Back