Sea Horsey

moonlightpedalbuilds

527DE7BA-0165-4FFC-BF95-1C8F45B52654.jpeg

This is my second Sea Horse. I opted to jumper the G and SW and move the LED on top of the rate pot. I used a different 3pdt breakout board with provision for a LED resistor and LED for a normal LED on/off

There is still a faint ticking sound from the lfo. I’m not bothered by it but it is there. Moving the input and output wires far from the ICs. PT2399 and LM324 sourced from Tayda. Molex connectors for easy troubleshooting

Btw ticking gets louder when the output wire is close the the LFO LED. I shielded the LED wire by wrapping it with copper tape and covered it with shrink wrap. I should get some shielded wire next time.

Apparently, and I have not tried it to confirm, if you ground Pin 1 of both the Dimension and Intensity pots to your DC jack and not the board it will cure the ticking. Might be worth a try!

This one's on my to-do list. Newbie question: I don't see the LFO LED on the build doc (or am I just not seeing it?). From your pictures, I can't tell how you installed that LFO LED. I, too, am a fan of those throbbing LEDs!

It's a custom mod. Maybe pedjok will tell us where he connected the LFO LED. I know where I'd do it. BTW, D1 will throb at the LFO rate, but it will only light up when the pedal is engaged.

This one's on my to-do list. Newbie question: I don't see the LFO LED on the build doc (or am I just not seeing it?). From your pictures, I can't tell how you installed that LFO LED. I, too, am a fan of those throbbing LEDs!

The LED on the board is already the LFO LED. All you need to do is jumper GND and SW. This will just turn on this LED, always on. You don’t need the SW to be attached to the 3pdt switch anymore. Grab another LED and series it with a 4k7 resistor and attach that to the 3pdt so you can have a separate LED when the pedal is engaged.

The LED on the board is already the LFO LED. All you need to do is jumper GND and SW. This will just turn on this LED, always on. You don’t need the SW to be attached to the 3pdt switch anymore. Grab another LED and series it with a 4k7 resistor and attach that to the 3pdt so you can have a separate LED when the pedal is engaged.
hell yeah, sounds like imma get my blinky LEDs fix for this build. prayers answered for me and @Chuck D. Bones. Thanks, @pedjok !

Back